Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A video and an update



[ Homeland ] - with my DIY motion-dolly from Asa Li on Vimeo.

My friend, Katie posted this to Facebook and I thought my parents at least would enjoy it.  I love this crazy busy city.

Additionally, I forgot one book that I read in October!

45.  The Story Sister by Alice Hoffman

You know I love a good complex family drama and this did not disappoint.  It's the story of three sisters and their evolving relationship from early teens to adulthood.  The sisters are incredibly close, but throughout the story, events lead to schisms in their relationships.  This was the first book I've read by Alice Hoffman and I love her rich, descriptive text.  She did a beautiful job switching narration throughout and creating characters that you felt a connection to.

I will post more pictures of the kids tomorrow.  They are darling.  

3 comments:

Grandma C. said...

I enjoyed seeing Hong Kong again. It has been fifty years since we were there. It has changed/grown. Was the last few seconds of the video a parade or protest march?

emilychristine said...

Speaking of good complex family drama... Did you ever read "I know this much is true" by Wally Lamb?

Emily and Seth said...

Wow! What an enormous busy city. You are an adventurer. P.S. How is your Chinese coming along?