Sunday, April 29, 2012

This Week

During the past 9 days I did the following

  • Finished editing and handed in a 90 page paper
  • Planned, prepared and delivered a sharing time to 60 kids (one junior primary, one senior primary)
  • Watched my husband get sustained as the 2nd counselor in our bishopric
  • Ran 24 miles
  • Baked 72 cookies (in batches of 4 because I have a tiny oven)
  • Ate delicious enchiladas and had lunch with my wonderful friend Mitra
  • Made a double batch of chili
  • Got visit taught
  • Prepared a 15 slide powerpoint for my other class
  • Baked 4 loaves of pumpkin bread
  • Went to countless stores trying to get all the supplies for youth conference.  All without a car.
  • Prepared and delivered a 90 min. presentation to 4 librarians at HKUST
  • Sang "horsey, horsey on your way" to Calvin 20 times.
  • Helped prepare and serve (and clean up!) 5 meals to 200 church youth and leaders from all over China
  • Taught and impromptu Sunday school to 5 12-year old boys.  
Needless to say.  I am tired and have a headache!  I'm going to spend Monday relaxing and recovering and snuggling with my cute kids.  All this busyness means I didn't get to spend enough time with them.

I wouldn't have been able to get all this done without my amazing friends and family.  My sweet friend Michelle, who is EIGHT months pregnant brought ME a wonderful dinner one night.  As I was scarfing down her delicious food, I couldn't help but think how ironic that was, but I was so grateful!  I love my Hong Kong family.

Tomorrow my cousin and her family are arriving.  We are so excited to see them!  They've been in China for a three month work assignment, and I'm so glad they are making an effort to include Hong Kong in their travels.  

5 comments:

Merry said...

Oh, wow! I had to laugh at the fact that you baked 72 cookies in batches of 4. Yikes!

Erica said...

Betsey you are amazing!

MikeS said...

Effective immediately, I will stop describing my life as "busy". Say hi to Mary for me.

Amy and Clark said...

What a week? I'm tired just reading about it. Well done, and hope you get some well-deserved down time!

CEC said...

90 pages... and I've been griping for weeks about my 20... I like the idea of another advanced degree, but I don't think I could pull it off! Hats off to you!