I know, blogs aren't really the cool thing to do anymore. I really do spend most of my online energy posting to Instagram. But, I do really enjoy the journal aspect of blogs. We've printed our blog book in the past and I love to look through them and remember the year.
I also really do enjoying writing about our life and recording the experiences we have had. It's a pretty wonderful life we lead. I need to remember that sometimes. Writing it down helps me to remember to be grateful.
For example, Saturday was a perfect day of ordinary joy and I loved it. Richard didn't have to work, so we spent the day together as a family. It was simple and happy.
We started our day with pancakes, made by mom. Henry is a huge fan of pancakes, cramming in as many as his fat little fingers can hold. We try to encourage him to slow down, but he is a machine. I used to make my own maple syrup, since it can be quite expensive here (ie a regular bottle of Aunt Jemima is $6.00), but the children LOVE Aunt Jemima. It is a required expense now.
After breakfast, we went to Causeway Bay to the Apple Store to check on my phone, which had been having some problems. Naturally, as soon as we got to the store, my phone was working perfectly. We were in Causeway Bay anyway, so we went to Victoria Park, watched the boats in the park and played on the playground.
I love these people so much. I love Nora's tie-dye shirt she made in America. I love that Calvin always holds onto the stroller. I love that Richard is wearing the sunglasses that I insisted he get. He doesn't always love the things I buy for him, but he always pretends and uses them. He is kind like that.
I have had Henry in a swing before, but he just loved it on Saturday. I love his sweet face. He was content to just swing the entire time the kids played. He got so excited when his siblings played with him while he was swinging.
People here comment a lot about Henry's beautiful eyes. I think they are blue, but they are shifting to a blue-gray. They are very striking. He also has some simply lovely curls at the nape of his neck. It is getting a little bit into mullet territory, but I don't care. It is too sweet to cut.
He does love his mommy! On Monday, I had to be out of the house most of the day. Although he simply adores our babysitter, it was so sweet to come home and have him be so excited to see me.
Henry really loves his dad as well. Richard can make him laugh all the time. Richard also taught Henry how to give kisses, so I am forever grateful for that. I love some baby kisses.
The kids joining in for pictures. In every picture of all three of the kids, someone is delivering a headlock to one of the other children. Anyone else have that problem with their kids? Poor Henry is often the recipient of the headlock.
Nora's got personality to spare, and I love it. She is happy and funny. She loves to laugh and I love to hear her laughing. Except at the dinner table when they start discussing fart jokes. Oh kids!
I also really do enjoying writing about our life and recording the experiences we have had. It's a pretty wonderful life we lead. I need to remember that sometimes. Writing it down helps me to remember to be grateful.
For example, Saturday was a perfect day of ordinary joy and I loved it. Richard didn't have to work, so we spent the day together as a family. It was simple and happy.
We started our day with pancakes, made by mom. Henry is a huge fan of pancakes, cramming in as many as his fat little fingers can hold. We try to encourage him to slow down, but he is a machine. I used to make my own maple syrup, since it can be quite expensive here (ie a regular bottle of Aunt Jemima is $6.00), but the children LOVE Aunt Jemima. It is a required expense now.
After breakfast, we went to Causeway Bay to the Apple Store to check on my phone, which had been having some problems. Naturally, as soon as we got to the store, my phone was working perfectly. We were in Causeway Bay anyway, so we went to Victoria Park, watched the boats in the park and played on the playground.
I love these people so much. I love Nora's tie-dye shirt she made in America. I love that Calvin always holds onto the stroller. I love that Richard is wearing the sunglasses that I insisted he get. He doesn't always love the things I buy for him, but he always pretends and uses them. He is kind like that.
I have had Henry in a swing before, but he just loved it on Saturday. I love his sweet face. He was content to just swing the entire time the kids played. He got so excited when his siblings played with him while he was swinging.
People here comment a lot about Henry's beautiful eyes. I think they are blue, but they are shifting to a blue-gray. They are very striking. He also has some simply lovely curls at the nape of his neck. It is getting a little bit into mullet territory, but I don't care. It is too sweet to cut.
He does love his mommy! On Monday, I had to be out of the house most of the day. Although he simply adores our babysitter, it was so sweet to come home and have him be so excited to see me.
Henry really loves his dad as well. Richard can make him laugh all the time. Richard also taught Henry how to give kisses, so I am forever grateful for that. I love some baby kisses.
The kids joining in for pictures. In every picture of all three of the kids, someone is delivering a headlock to one of the other children. Anyone else have that problem with their kids? Poor Henry is often the recipient of the headlock.
Nora's got personality to spare, and I love it. She is happy and funny. She loves to laugh and I love to hear her laughing. Except at the dinner table when they start discussing fart jokes. Oh kids!
I love these two little boys so very much. After the park, we went home to relax Calvin and Nora watched Daniel Tiger, while I menu planned for the week and Richard played with Henry. Life isn't perfect, but there are moments of clarity that help me realize how beautiful it is and how happy I am to be living my life right now.










2 comments:
What a beautiful and happy post! Nice to see those lovely faces again. I too only blog for journaling purposes. Cody and I both love looking back on the experiences we have had. I may be one of the few, but I still like reading personal blogs once in awhile too! :) Your kids are so adorable and that Nora is looking too grown up. She is losing all her baby chub and I'm not sure I like it! Oh how I miss you all!
Welcome back. I've missed your blogging. What a lovely family you have. I can usually catch up with you on Facebook but Instagram? How do I access that? Love you.
Post a Comment