Okay, so now I have no excuse for my lack of blogging. I'm not in school, I have no distracting husband hanging around, no television even! Here it is, Memorial Day and I have the entire blissful day ahead of me for relaxation! There is no better time to get back on the blogging! I also got word that Jaime is very much in need of a Hawkins blog post...so in response, I will answer the lovely questions she sent to me a while back.
Three things I’m afraid of:
1. Someone hiding in my apartment (I check all the rooms before I go to bed)
2. Tornados (Stems from a childhood in Indiana)
3. Bugs...all of them (Yuck!)
Three People Who Make Me Laugh:
1. The Chard
2. Pambie
3. My siblings (Individually, they are pretty funny...but they are hilarious as a group!)
Three Things I Love:
1. Watching TV in the morning before work
2. Picking up the mail
3. When Richard is waiting outside with the garage door open for me.
Three Things I Hate:
1. Sweating at times when I shouldn't be sweating
2. When the bottom of your foot itches, it is impossible to scratch!
3. Hot leather car seats in the summer time.
Three Things I Don’t Understand
1. All things science. Seriously
2. All things relating to my car
3. How all foods made by my mom just taste better
Three Things on My Desk
1. Financial aid information about graduate school
2. Dish towels I got in Italy
3. A picture of my friends from college when we got together in Dallas in January
Three Things I’m Doing Right Now:
1. Thinking I need to eat breakfast
2. Picking at my nails
3. Enjoying the view of the beautiful tree outside my window
Three Things I Want to do Before I Die:
1. Have a family (kids and a dog!)
2. Travel all over the world with the Chard, kids and maybe the dog
3. Find a fulfilling career that I feel passionately about
Three Things I Can Do:
1. Conduct a very good Google search
2. Dance like Elaine from Seinfeld (no, I will not show you how)
3. Remain calm in LA traffic (It has taken me some time, but I am at peace with the traffic)
Three Things I Can’t Do:
1. Avoid the doughnuts at work (someone brings doughnuts about every week...jerks)
2. Unload the dishwasher as soon as the dishes are clean...not when the sink is filled with dirty dishes again.
3. Spend less than $100 at Costco (okay, I've done it before, but it is rare!)
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To:
1. This American Life on NPR (Friday nights at 7:00 p.m. on KPCC or you can listen to their archived shows online.) I love Ira Glass.
2. People who love you
3. Regina Spektor and Neko Case (I LOVE their music)
Three Things You Should Never Listen To:
1. Sentences that start, "I don't mean this as an insult, but you should..."
2. Gossip
3. Music that objectifies women
Three Things I’d Like to Learn:
1. To sew (I guess I know how to sew, I just wish that I actually did it).
2. How to really cook
3. To stop biting my nails.
My Three Favorite Foods:
1. Homemade macaroni and cheese made by my mom
2. Stuffed shells made by my sister
3. Chili made by Richard
(I just like when other people cook...that is why I don't know how to really cook!)
Three Shows I watched as a Kid:
1. Facts of Life
2. Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights
3. Who's the Boss
6 comments:
So I am assuming that Marc delivered my message. You're such a good sport!!! Did he also tell you that I really like your new haircut? Becuase I think it looks great on you! I am excited for the new blog.
I'm excited to see you are blogging again :) And I'm excited to see that you have such good taste in music (I love Regina Spektor and Neko Case).
Welcome back. So, I really enjoyed your list, but I actually enjoyed staring at the back of you more during sacrament from the balcony :) I LOVE the hair. I also liked watching you babysit all the kids while the parents were singing.
Hi Betsey! Hope it's okay that I found your new site from your comment on Jaime's blog... hope you weren't starting a new one to hide from me... haha. You definitely need to show off your dance moves sometime!
I love seeing new posts from the Hawks. I just made that nick name of for you guys, it was inspired by the HOFF (David Hasselhoff). Everyone is doing it. I am excited to see posts from Hong Kong. Have fun, we will miss you.
I like what's on your desk:)
You will soon be able to share all the family news from Hong Kong. I can't wait for pictures, and new hair? I need pictures:)
Post a Comment