Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bad Hair Day?

I just got my hair cut on Saturday, and was experiencing that excitement that comes when you just got a hair cut... when you realize your hair isn't as bad as all that. And you will NOT go to the wig store in order to save yourself the hassle of trying to manage your own head. I was filled with thoughts like "Hey! I DO have good hair!" and "If I cut my hair every 2 months instead of every 6 months, I would have hair this nice all the time!"

That was until I got to campus this morning. I was lugging all my stuff-my books, laptop, lunch and dinner (class until 9:30 p.m. tonight...baby requires a lot of food :)..) and just feeling particularly heavy and pregnant, when this ultra-hipster girl comes up to me outside of the Tommy Trojan. I assumed that she needed directions, as this is the first week back on campus. Nope, this girl was looking for people who needed a hair makeover. And she stopped me. I refused. Hopefully she can find another plain girl in the sea of beautiful people over here at USC :)

At least I am glad that I don't look as bad as this woman. And let's be honest, I would much rather get a few extra minutes of sleep than worry about the condition of my hair.

12 comments:

Margie and Brandon said...

No fear, Betsey! There is some crazy company that goes around stopping people on the street saying, "Can I ask you about your hair?"

And when you say yes, they go into a whole pitch about a make-over, hair cut, yadda, yadda, yadda. Basically they are just trying to sell you some salon package.

Those folks used to canvass the area around my office on Michigan Avenue. It was a total downer when they stopped you, but you gotta figure it sucks way worse to be them. Can you imagine bothering poor people who are just trying to enjoy the day with an annoying and offensive sales pitch?

I learned just to run right by, yelling, "NO!" when they asked if they could talk about my hair.

You have beautiful hair. I love you, sweet sister!

xo
-M

Erica said...

I'm with you on the extra sleep thing. The other day I got on the bus to go to work and I realized that I hadn't even brushed my hair. Sleep is worth it.

a gimbel said...

your hair rocks betsey... but I found the people in LA to be very perceptive, like those dudes who whistled and called me a hottie on venice beach.

-karl

aSHleY said...

I think your hair always looks great but I totally agree with you on the hair looks good for about 2 weeks and then it is time for a cut again. I am so impressed that you are still going to class and until 9:30 PM. I think being on the nest gets you out of everything-school included.

The Thomases said...

So were's the pic? I can't wait to see the new do!

Jacy said...

I love the attached picture! And yes, I totally agree that it would be great to get a haircut every couple of months or so, instead of every six (or sometimes more!) Your hair is always cute, though, so you have nothing to worry about!

L said...

So I was hanging out with the Cutlers on Sunday, and Mila said to me, "Laura, guess what? Your hair looks a little crazy." Okay, she was right--it was a little out of control. But no worse than her crazy hair ;). Love that silly little one.

a gimbel said...

One of the best parts of being fifty-three years old and established, is having standing hair appointments (and not having to worry about money to pay for them)! I hope all you Gimbel kids were too young to remember how absolutely awful my hair looked from 1979 until about 1987. That was when I quit going to my wonderful Chicago area stylist to Keith Cunningham's mom in Walworth. She was not very well versed in good haircuts or styles, and then again, I was too busy to take proper care. All the pictures of me from that era have probably all been mercifully destroyed. Thank goodness for blow-dryers, curling irons and "product".

Claudia

Susan said...

I'm with you all the way on this one, sweet Betsey. it will be even more important in the coming months to go for the zzz's.

momma sue

Emily said...

I think your hair is beautiful Betsey! Don't let that get to you! If it makes you feel better, I get stopped at the mall all the time by people wanting to give me a make-up makeover. At least it's not your face.

Kalin said...

I think you have cute hair Betsey but if you'd like, you can come visit Robert in Westwood with me. He has a copy of "Dancing with Cats" on his coffee table!

the youngs said...

Sleep > Good Hair