Team Hawkins does live. Although we are absent from the blogging world, we are alive and well. We thought we would give a status report from last week, just to keep all our wonderful fans aware of all the interesting and exciting activities of Team Hawkins!
MONDAY: Labor Day! We did homework. Alright, not the whole day. We had breakfast at the delicious Griddle Cafe with Richard's sister and her husband. We did not eat the rest of the day because the Griddle Cafe is so yummy and filling. I'm still thinking about the Black Magic pancakes!
TUESDAY: We did homework. Betsey spent 7 hours in very uncomfortable chairs in class. I hate the one-armed bandit chairs. Now that Baby Hawkins is growing in my tummy, the chairs are even more uncomfortable. Plus learning about Hicksian and Marshallian demand curves WHILE sitting in the uncomfortable chairs made the made the situation almost unbearable. I had to get some Starbursts to compensate.
WEDNESDAY: We did homework. Alright, we just sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of something else we did Wednesday. Neither one of us came up with anything. Apparently homework was the highlight.
THURSDAY: We did homework. Betsey brought home some dessert bars from a symposium that her work hosted. Richard ate them all. We babysat and Richard is going to be an excellent dad! We took a walk too. Riviting, I know!
FRIDAY: We did homework. It was a beautiful day outside, so what did Team Hawkins do? We spent all hours of daylight in our apartment working. What an exciting team! We finally managed to get out of the house by 8:00 p.m. to play games with some friends. Phew! Betsey also found out that she is a semi-finalist in her brother's How-Well-Do-You-Know-Your-Brother Trivia Challenge.
SATURDAY: We did homework, but that was not the highlight really. Betsey got a pedicure while Richard did MORE homework at the Coffee Bean nextdoor (he is unstoppable!). We then went to the Rose Bowl to watch BYU lose to UCLA (boo!) and ended the evening with the hilarious Family Crall eating some delicious pizza. Pizza makes even the saddest defeat seem okay.
SUNDAY: NO HOMEWORK!!! WHOOO HOOO! Richard was the all-star at church today, directing the children during Primary singing time. The children were so wonderful and reverent while he taught them "Called to Serve." Although Richard was very nervous (and sweaty!), he did an excellent job and may have a career as a professional chorestor for a children's choir. (By the way....did you know that Richard was in an International Children's Choir and represented the country of Honduras? This great story and accompanying picture may have to have its own blog entry. The 'Chard will also blog soon about Betsey's short-lived career as a jazz dancer. It's amazing that we turned out OK.)
All this wonderful Hawkins information! Aren't you lucky to read this blog!?!?!
9 comments:
LOL. Good post. We love you! I especially like the link to Karl's quiz and the fact that you know who he lost to for Homecoming King in 2002. You're a good sister.
xo!
-M
It's so funny. You spent the whole week doing homework, and I spent the whole week GRADING homework. School Sucks!
Claudia
hey bets - haven't missed a single blog, i just don't comment often - sorry. anyway, how is the pregnancy going!!?? i want to see pictures! any more progress on coming up with a name? i have to comment on a previous blog entry regarding drivers ed class - i clearly remember that you, me, and Ray Almy were in the same car together with Mr. Grogg while taking our driving tests - and Ray got yelled at all the time! bring back memories?? :)
sorry - should have written my name up with my blog. i'm not cool enough to have the google/blogger username yet. so anyway, this is angie noteboom
You know...I don't think you guys spend enough time doing homework...
How's baby Hawkins doing? By the way, it's way fun to go to school when you're big becuase when classes get boring, you can just watch the baby move around in your tummy. I recommend eating lots of sugar in class to encourage more movement.
Too bad BYU lost! I was sad too.
Thank you so much Betsey for posting on our blog. We also wanted to congragulate you on your upcoming baby girl.
Hey betsey! Glad that I can partake of the Hawkins Team blog... only if it is once a week :) I honestly hope your haircut wasn't THAT bad...or I'll never trust myself to do it again! Yikes! Maybe I should go back to school! Come join me on my blog, I'd love to have you! See you soon.. and I hope you are feeling well with baby!
I am lucky to read your blog! Sorry you two have to do so much stinky homework, but I'm glad you took a time-out for a pedicure! I was so mad because I went for a pedicure when I was pregnant and they wouldn't let me turn on the massage chair for fear it would send me into labor.
I have to clarify...the haircut Stephanie gave me was ADORABLE! My hair was wet from my shower that morning and was really sad looking! But the cut Stephanie gave me was GREAT!
Post a Comment