Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nora's Developing Some Skills

First, a big THANK YOU for all the congratulations and well wishes on my venture back into graduate school. I'm really excited for this new chapter of my education. It is great to have such supportive friends. Thank you all so much!

Now, on to Nora. She is growing and changing so much everyday. I'm horrible at keeping her baby book up to date. Additionally, I don't know if there is a spot in the book for all of the milestones she accomplished today.

1. She said the word "shoes" while pointing at her shoes. It was ADORABLE.

2. She collapsed face-down on the ground crying and kicking her little feet up and down. Her first real tantrum. It was NOT adorable.

3. She is getting really great at sharing and handing things to me. She pulled out all 100 of the plastic baggies in the box and handed me each one. I know, I should have stopped her. But she was very serious about the whole process. It was ADORABLE.

4. We have a little toy that stacks to build a tower. The pieces fit together and require a little bit of force to pull apart. Nora was trying to pull apart two of the stacked pieces, she was trying to pull so hard she was shaking and clenching her teeth. It was so ADORABLE to see her trying so hard to figure it out.

5. She found her Daddy's iPod and managed to find the the one High School Musical song that Richard has on it. It was ADORABLE and FRIGHTENING. (He bought the HSM song for me, don't judge).

6. She has decided to stop walking without the assistance of her little baby stroller. It is driving me crazy, especially when I am trying to show her off to others. It is NOT adorable.

This was all in ONE DAY! I'm amazed at how quickly things happen in the life of a 14-month old.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I imagine nora taking all the baggies out and handing them to you and it makes me happy inside-SO CUTE!

Jen said...

I really look forward to seeing that adorable little girl.

Mandy said...

Very cute! Isn't it great that the little ones never want to show off their best tricks when you want them to? And oh, the tantrums... we have had many of those, and only with my boy so far. I am beginning to fear the drama that will be added in with a girl! It's wonderful that you are enjoying these days- they go by so fast!

a gimbel said...

Oh Betsey, I loved the Nora update. Ed and I are going to have to come up there during spring break!

I love that she said "shoes". Is that her first word? She says "Mama" and "Dada" too, doesn't she?

The pulling out of the bags thing sounds very similar to the counting the apples thing she did at our house the last two visits. She would take the fake apples out of the basket, one by one, and I would say, "One.... two... three...". She always would repeat two, but would only say "two" and not the other numbers.

And I'm sorry.... I would have to laugh if I saw Nora throw herself down and have a tantrum. Even when you guys were little, I thought tantrums were hysterical. It just shows how incredibly passionate about some little thing children can be. That's like trying to separate the blocks, as she tried to do, and put so much effort into it that she clenched her teeth and shook. Passionate! I love that girl!

Grandma Claudia

Unknown said...

I remember all those moments with Caleb. So fun and sometimes frustrating. Just wait until she becomes Miss Independent. Getting anywhere takes FOREVER!