Friday, July 3, 2009

Bad Blogging

I must apologize that I have been such a blogging slacker.  I know that you all wait eagerly for my posts.  I will deliver posts again on a semi-regular basis.  For now, I am going to bring you all up to speed on the past week and a half.  One post at a time.

Porchfest!

We had the Porchfest at our house on Saturday, July 20th.  It was such a great event and we had a great time hosting the band, Garden Variety at our house.  

We had a little sign in front of our house, telling people the time of the performance.  

A shot of our yard while the band was playing.  People were coming in and out of the yard.  We estimated that at the peak, there were 60 people in our yard, listening to the band play.  It was a lot of fun to meet neighbors and enjoy the beautiful sun together.  

The band.  They played cover songs of some great songs by The Doobie Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel and They Might Be Giants.  

We had some of our Cleveland friends come by.  The Broadbents.

And the Homers.  

I made some treats for the guests who visited our porch.  They were a hit!  I made root beer floats, rice krispie treats, brownies and cookies.  The perfect summer menu.

After the performance on our porch, Richard, Nora, me and Richard's co-worker Alex went to Shaker Square for another musical performance as part of porchfest.  

Nora at her first rock concert.  I think we have a long, hard road ahead of us :)


3 comments:

Tiffany Feger said...

Nora is so funny:) And you're brave for hosting a fun neighborhood event. Pretty cool. How did the ice cream not melt? Did I see it out on the table?

Anonymous said...

nora at her first rock concert = hilarious!

- angie

Jen said...

not to be critical...but your blog says your porch fest was July 20, maybe you ment june 20th?