Saturday, July 4, 2009

Swearing-In

We traveled to Albany, NY July 21-23rd so that Richard could get sworn-in as a member of the New York Bar.  It was sort of a ridiculous process, but one he needed to complete.  It was a long eight-hour drive, but Nora was great and I managed not to whine all that much.

We were able to stop in Buffalo for dinner on Sunday with one of the most amazing women I know.  I was Rachel's R.A. in the dorms for her freshman year of college in 2002.  She is funny, brilliant, and sincere.  An excellent friend!  She also married an amazing person and I was so happy to meet her husband Ryan.  We had a delicious dinner (Rachel is an amazing cook! :)..) and enjoyed catching up.  It was a great way to spend a summer evening.  

Nora has great taste and just LOVED Ryan and Rachel.  She was showering them with hugs and kisses.  I love my affectionate baby.


Richard had an interview as part of the swearing-in process on Monday morning.  After the interview, we went to the New York State Museum, which has a refurbished carousel from the early 1900's inside.  

Nora was a huge fan of the carousel.  Even if I couldn't manage to get a picture of her smiling.  Take my word for it, she LOVED it.  

What is with the serious face, Nora?!?!

On Tuesday morning, we went with Richard to go the the actual swearing-in ceremony.  I am so proud of my brilliant husband.  He has worked so hard, and has been the BEST husband, friend and daddy in the world.  Although the ceremony was sort of a formality, it was nice to enjoy one more celebration of Richard's accomplishments over the last 4 years.  He is an incredible lawyer, but most importantly, just an amazing human being.  I'm a blessed woman.  

And look at how handsome he is as well?!?!?!  Seriously, I fell in love with Richard in part because he looked so good in a suit.  

Our little family outside of the State Capital building in New York.

Nora and I sat in the back during the ceremony, so that she wouldn't disturb anyone.  It worked out pretty well, and I was very impressed with her.  She sat through the entire event.  Richard's name was called and he stood up for about 2 seconds.  It was a little anti-climactic.  But we were glad to be there with him.  

7 comments:

Rachel said...

What can I say? Cooking is one of my top talents! :) ha ha...I enjoyed that little joke in there, just for me.

It was so fun to see you guys! We are planning on coming to OH at the end of September, so we can run that 1/2 marathon with you. (Well, you don't have to run WITH us...but at least we'll all be running the same race and then hanging out together afterward!) I hope that's still okay if we come!

L said...

Yay Chard!

Morgan Moore said...

Ahh CONGRATS Richard!!! You deserve it!

Emily said...

Congrats to Richard!! He is brilliant! But Nora definitely much cuter (sorry Chard).

Becker said...

You got to see Rach?! I haven't seen her in so many years! RACH--if you're reading this---I would love to hear from you! Oh yes---and congratulations, Richard! You're so accomplished!

Nadia said...

Oh, we love those old carousels!!! we used to ride one in Prospect Park in Brooklyn. They go so fast too ;-)
Congratulations to both of you!!!! That is a special occasion even if not so eventful.

Jen said...

Congrats. And I am glad you finally made it out to your friends in Buffalo. Are you still leaving Cleveland in August?