Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread House

As part of our Christmas festivities, we built a gingerbread house, thanks to Ikea. A nice little rambler, decorated by our Nora.

As you can see, things got a little wild towards the end. The construction was a little rough, and as I moved the house over to set the table for dinner, it crashed over. Nora was devastated. I promised her that we could eat it after dinner, since it collapsed, and she was instantly happy again.

You will see in the background, a beautiful and stable gingerbread house. A wonderful friend from church, Sister Pratt, built that for Nora. It was so beautiful! I was so impressed because I have tried to make a gingerbread house before and failed miserably. Nora was on the edge of her seat waiting until Christmas to eat it.

We are leaving tomorrow (Christmas morning) for a little beach vacation in the Philippines, so we celebrated our Christmas today. Nora went straight for the gingerbread house. I should have taken a picture of her while she was eating it. She dove in head first, no hands or utensils needed. I figured it was Christmas, so that is okay.

Merry Christmas to all our wonderful friends and family. We are blessed beyond measure because of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Aunt Claire took pictures of their mass grandchildren's gingerbread house building and sent pictures to you. Thank you for these of Nora abuilding.
Grandma C

Merry said...

A beach vacation for Christmas??? How fun!

Anonymous said...

That is a GIANT table, no? LOVE IT.

Have a wonderful time on your fancy vacation :)

Merry Christmas!

xo

Kirsten Treff said...

Do YOU eat ginderbread with a fork and knife?!
Looks like you guys are having so much fun :)