We had a low key day today. Poor planning on my part resulted in my working on a paper today and leaving the kids to entertain themselves. This is what they did while I worked. They are at a fantastic creative age. I'd poke my head in periodically, play a few minutes with them and then let them get on with the game.
* Played library, setting up all the books around their room and checking them out to each other.
* Painted some boxes that were then transformed into trains
* Pretended to make a restaurant and served their toys to each other.
* Played cowboy and princess
* Created a boat out of the couch and pretended to fish
* Played camping and had a picnic lunch in their bedroom and then pretended to sleep in tents
* Pretended to go trick-or-treating. They insisted that I give them real candy. I gave them carrots instead
* Played flower and bumble bee
* Pretended that they were mail men delivering mail all over the house.
* Played library, setting up all the books around their room and checking them out to each other.
* Painted some boxes that were then transformed into trains
* Pretended to make a restaurant and served their toys to each other.
* Played cowboy and princess
* Created a boat out of the couch and pretended to fish
* Played camping and had a picnic lunch in their bedroom and then pretended to sleep in tents
* Pretended to go trick-or-treating. They insisted that I give them real candy. I gave them carrots instead
* Played flower and bumble bee
* Pretended that they were mail men delivering mail all over the house.
4 comments:
Haha! How cute! I love that little kids can make up so many things to entertain themselves.
I think it's awesome that kids learn to entertain themselves. Most of my childhood was spent playing with my younger brother and sister and pretending this or that. It was great! :) Your kids are really cute!
Isn't it amazing what they come up with?? I love it!! :-)
Ah! So creative and yet all I could think about the entire post was 'agh, the clean up!?!'
Post a Comment