Thursday, May 2, 2013

Building boats

Calvin wanted to float a boat this morning, so we watched some videos on YouTube and built some origami boats. It was fun that the boats did float, but Calvin was disappointed that they didn't float for very long. After a few minutes, the paper would start to disintegrate.

I love that my kids come up with these fun activities. I feel like all I have to do is figure out ways to make their cute ideas a reality. Although, that can be difficult. Calvin wanted a real, flying rocket ship yesterday. He had to be happy with a box decorated with rockets, planets, and astronauts. Add in a few videos of space shuttle launches and he was a happy kid. Mom wins again. :)





1 comment:

L said...

Aluminum foil makes excellent little boats that float well in the water and do not dissolve. Is that something you can get easily there? I used to do a lab with my students where they did different boat designs and they tested how much mass each design could tolerate (by piling pennies onto the boat until it sank). Fun times!