Okay, so clearly Team Hawkins has been a little preoccupied, and we apologize to our loyal following of readers. We will improve. In about three weeks time there will be adorable pictures of Baby Hawkins on the blog to entertain you. Less Richard and Betsey and more Baby Hawkins is probably a good thing.
Richard and I have been discussing what kinds of parents we are going to be. Clearly, we have unrealistic goals and expectations which include well-balanced meals, obedient and reverent children, and a spotless house. I decided to self-administer a little quiz about our individual parenting styles. I thought I should be honest here about what kind of parents we will realistically be. Let's see if you agree with me.
QUESTION: Parent most likely to give Baby Hawkins McDonald's first?
ANSWER: This is most definitely Betsey. Richard does not like McDonald's, and is pretty frugal. Betsey has secret cravings for McDonald's fries and really enjoys convenience. I will try to wait until the kid is at least able to have solid foods before I resort to McDonald's meals
QUESTION: Parent most likely to lose the kid in a shopping mall.
ANSWER: Although the chances that Richard will be in a shopping mall with the Baby and without Betsey are slim, I am going to say that the answer is Richard. He can be a little absent minded at times and when you combine that with his laser-like focus on the task he is completing (he can tune me out very well!), I'm betting it will be Richard.
QUESTION: Parent most likely to entertain the child through television.
ANSWER: Oh this is so totally Betsey. Betsey has a television addiction that is unparalleled. Richard is praying that Baby Hawkins will not have that problem. Our dear Aunt Mary and her lovely roommate Susan gave us the Baby Einstein DVDs for the baby and I think that they made Richard a little nervous that the baby will be addicted to television from the get go.
QUESTION: Parent most likely to discipline Baby Hawkins
ANSWER: This is a tough one. I have to say that Richard will be better at appropriately disciplining Baby Hawkins by setting out clear expectations of behavior and outlining what will happen when Baby Hawkins disobeys these expectations. Betsey will most likely be the parent who bends mental spoons and runs out of the house (it is in her genes...hehehehe, I love you Claudia!)
Richard and I are prepared to make many parenting mistakes, but are so excited to become parents. We hope Baby Hawkins is a patient and forgiving kind of girl. We love her so much and just can't wait to meet her. Well, ideally, Baby Hawkins would arrive after finals, but we will be happy whenever she arrives. But keep your fingers crossed that she is a little late and arrives around December 8th.
8 comments:
You're probably right about all of the questions except for the disciplining one. I'm seeing now that although Steven may want one thing and is SO ready to lay down the law, I have to be the consistent one. So that's probably how it will be for you two. It'll be fun to see though. At first you'll give in to the crying, but later, he will. That's just MY prediction.
She could be here any day now!!!!! I can't wait for a million pictures!
Oh, and Dylan had McDonalds today thanks to me. It was Wendy's, but still. His first fast food kid's meal was Subway at least! (me again)
You guys will be excellent parents, don't worry.
Yeah for a new post! I can't wait to see a million photos of Baby Hawkins!!
- angie
You guys will make the best parents, I can't wait to meet Baby Hawkins.
You guys will make the best parents, I can't wait to meet Baby Hawkins.
December 8th is a great day. (hee hee)
I'm so excited for you two (three!) You will be great parents, and I can't wait to meet baby Hawkins. It's good to have high standards/expectations, but it's good to know you'll break them, too! I think that's the first lesson of parenting I learned: do what helps you keep your sanity and worry about perfection later! We'll be praying for a safe and happy (and hopefully finals-avoiding) delivery!!
LOL on bending the metal spoon! You're definitely still a crazy Gimbel! You can't get away from that... Ever. ;-) I too can't wait to meet Baby Hawkins and am going to spoil her rotten as only an aunt can and then send her home to you to discipline.
Good Luck!
-M
You guys will make Baby Hawkins proud to be your daughter. Though I see nothing wrong with MacDonald fries...they are the best. :-)
Post a Comment