Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Baby Photos


This picture is of Betsey and Baby Nora just moments after the delivery.  Then entire process took only four pushes in about 5 minutes to complete. We're very lucky, because the lady next door to us pushed for four hours before having a C-section.  I don't know if I, let alone Betsey, could have handled that much pushing.  It's a good thing that Baby Nora knows her mom and dad so well and did it all on her own.  I'm so proud of both of them.  My girls are amazing!


Betsey and Baby Nora have had a easy time nursing so far.  Baby Nora latched on right away and has been happily satisfied ever since.  We think this is quite a blessing because we've heard that the process can be very frustrating at first. Can you believe those chubby cheeks?  I think I'm in love. 


Big yawn.  It's amazing to us how expressive her face is already.  Surprisingly, she doesn't cry much--yet.  I'm sure that's because there are five people waiting on her hand and foot.  Pretty soon she'll need to make herself heard. 


We'll end with Baby Nora's furrowed brow.  It's the one trait that she gets from both of her parents.  We think she must be deep in thought because when she came out of Betsey, her hand was resting right under her chin, just like Rodin's Thinker.


21 comments:

Morgan Moore said...

Those cheeks!! She is ADORABLE! I can't wait to see you guys and meet this little darling in person!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We love you!

xoxo

(Henry came running to the computer when I was showing Chris the pictures of the baby, he said, "Where's Betsey?????")

Anonymous said...

wow, look at that head full of hair!! this is just so exciting!!! i'm blown away by all of this and look forward to watching nora grow up

-ang

The Thomases said...

Oh my gosh!! She's so adorable! I am so glad and relieved that everything went well with the delivery. Take care you guys and we'll be by to visit soon! Congratulations!!!

Jenna said...

I am first of all, so jealous that she made her grand entrance in only 4 pushes as I had to push for 3 hours!! And second, wow Betsey, you look so beautiful after just giving birth - (maybe that 3 hours of pushing had something to do with the difference in our 'after-birth photos' :-) Nora is so beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations!!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Congrats on your new adventure. Nora is simply to die for! I think Betsey looks beautiful in that picture with the baby! We are very happy for you. What hospital did she deliver at?

Anonymous said...

congrats, i am soooo happy for you. Baby Hawkins look so peaceful and cute. jen englsih

Karolyn said...

She is such a beauty. I love sweet little babies. We can hardly wait to meet her, and we're so glad to hear that everything went well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You have such a cute little family. We can't wait to see the little bundle! Oh, and don't you just really appreciate fast labors?? I know I have! Congrats again!!

a gimbel said...

OH my gosh, she is so precious!! I cannot wait to meet her this summer! good job on making a beautiful baby!
Emily

aSHleY said...

Could those cheeks be any cuter? I love all of the pictures of her and her adorable faces.

Ryan and Emily said...

Yay!! Congratulations you guys! How wonderful to have her here finally, safe and healthy. She is beautiful! I'm glad to hear she is treating you well so far! Hope Betsey is feeling okay! You guys will be awesome parents!

Jacy said...

She is just adorable!! I love the yawning picture-- so tender! I'm glad the delivery went smoothly. I'm so happy for you all!

Margie and Brandon said...

She is such a little 'chard-ette with those checks. I love it. She is adorable. I cannot wait to meet her.

Kisses!
Aunt Margie

Margie and Brandon said...

She is such a little 'chard-ette with those checks. I love it. She is adorable. I cannot wait to meet her.

Kisses!
Aunt Margie

tawni said...

Wow. Love the cheeks, love the name! She is beautiful! So serious. I am so glad everything went well. I can't wait to hear details. I agree with everyone about Betsey looking ravishing in the photo. Gosh, I will have to show you pictures of me after Sofia was born. Let me just say I am never having another child. Nope, she is our only one :) Just kidding. Can't wait to see her (especially in those headband bows!)

Prior Adams said...

Congratulations from the Adams Family here in the Bay Area. She is beautiful.

the youngs said...

YEAH!!! Chardina is here! Gotta love the fact that there is now another Hawkins in the world!

Just2CUsmile said...

Congratulations Betsey and Richard...and welcome lil Eleanor Iris!!!

...love the name btw ;)

hope to see you all soon!

Tiffany Feger said...

You two look great.

I'm so happy for you and that everything is turning out so perfectly so far!

YAY for you and your family!

aSHleY said...

MORE PICTURES PLEASE! I know you are so busy enjoying your new little one,but just in case you didn't know us out here in Blogger world want some Nora too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Betsey - I love that picture of you with Nora - you look so good considering all that you've been through. Although, maybe that was helped by the fact that you managed to get her out in 4 pushes!

Congratulations!

Sarah Black xx