Additionally, Nora has started giggling in her sleep. It is the cutest thing ever. It isn't even a giggle really. It is kind of a full-bellied laugh. You can feel her little tummy tighten with laughter and she just laughs! It is so cute. Richard and I wonder what she is laughing about. What is funny to a newborn?
Thursday, January 17, 2008
A New Trick from Nora
So during Tummy Time yesterday, Nora fell asleep. Don't worry, I was watching her the whole time. She didn't spend any unattented time on her tummy. Her little thumb slowly made its way into her mouth. It was so adorable. I had to take a picture. She takes after her mommy. I sucked my thumb until I was 7 or so. My mom tells this great story about how she bribed me to stop sucking my thumb. She offered to buy me an Annie doll if I stopped sucking my thumb. I stopped until I got the Annie doll. Then I started right back up again. I hope that Nora doesn't suck her thumb until she is 7, but right now it is just adorable.

Additionally, Nora has started giggling in her sleep. It is the cutest thing ever. It isn't even a giggle really. It is kind of a full-bellied laugh. You can feel her little tummy tighten with laughter and she just laughs! It is so cute. Richard and I wonder what she is laughing about. What is funny to a newborn?
Additionally, Nora has started giggling in her sleep. It is the cutest thing ever. It isn't even a giggle really. It is kind of a full-bellied laugh. You can feel her little tummy tighten with laughter and she just laughs! It is so cute. Richard and I wonder what she is laughing about. What is funny to a newborn?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
She is so sweet! I used to suck my finger too. The only reason I quit was because I broke my arm in Kindergarten. The cast pretty much solved that problem. My parents were probably secretly grateful.
I love the thumb sucking! Lydia does it too and it really is so cute. I don't like thinking about what weaning will be like later...but I'm sure loving it now!
Ahh- that's so sweet!! Henry never sucked his thumb- isn't it funny how some babies do and some don't? At least she can help to pacify herself, eh?
Have fun this weekend! xoxo
That is so cute! I admit I love when little babies suck their thumbs. Ending it may be tough later, but it may be worth the adorable pictures you get now.
I love this picture of Nora, she looks so grown up already. I sucked two fingers for a long time, not sure how long but I remember doing it so at least until 5 or so.
thanks for the new post, i love the photo! she is just so sweet, i wish i could see her in person.
- ang
Very Cute! Nora and Matthew are only 3 days apart, and Im just WAITING for something other than a stare, or crying! She is such a doll!
It's sooo cute when they suck their thumbs. (Especially when they first find it) Dylan still sucks his thumb. He's too old for it and I can't take it away like I could a pacifier, but I absolutely LOVE that he can soothe himself. I'm sure I'll get a discount on braces when the time comes.
Oh, and our pediatrician said that it's genetic. I sucked my thumb too.
Ohh! That is so cute!
I found your blog and realized that I have a blog identity so i just want to tell you that baby hawkins Nora is SO adorable!!! I especially love the sucking thumb picture!! YAY you guys are parents! I'm amazed at the dedication..and betsey I'm glad you are spending your few spare minutes well watching America's next top model and hopefully not too much presidential primary coverage!! I love you guys!!!!
What a darling pic! Ethan would suck on all his fingers. Hope you guys are doing okay!
oh and one more note- tummy schmummy- Henry never slept once on his back until he was over a year. I know they say it's not the safest- but hey- what'd you do??
Miss you guys!
I'm sure she's laughing at all the funny stories you and Richard tells her. How could your home not be full of laughter??
So sweet.
Post a Comment