- Our camera lens broke last week, which may have brought about this most recent blog slow down. It is unfortunate that our camera is broken when we are spending our last month in L.A.
- I thought that Nora might like one of those Bumbo chairs for babies who can't sit up yet. Richard tried to fit her in one. Her thighs did not fit. I love my chubby baby!!!
- We are looking at a downstairs apartment in a really cute house in the Cleve'. It would be really fun to live in a house--well, in the downstairs apartment of a house!
- Richard and I both had our last days of classes. There was much rejoicing and celebrating with Thai food.
- My brother is finishing basic training next week! We are so excited to have him back! I'm actually mostly looking forward to seeing his formerly shaggy head of hair in a military-style cut!
- Nora stopped sleeping through the night a few weeks ago(and there was much mourning)
- Nora started taking regular naps a few weeks ago (and there was much rejoicing)
- My final project for my masters is due on Sunday night. Our group is writing about model practices for community capacity building through civic engagement in L.A. County. I'm tired of typing those words :)
- Nora gets her 4 month shots (a little late) on Friday. We shall see how that goes.
- I'm sort of obsessed with getting Nora a pair of shoes. Even though she is virtually immobile. I don't know why, but I adore little baby shoes and I want to get her some! The pair I have my eye on are here. I know, I KNOW...totally impractical!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Random Points of Interest
Sorry for the blog slow down yet again. Here are a few points of interest from Team Hawkins during the last week or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Those are pretty much the cutest shoes I have ever seen. I don't think there is any harm in starting a shoe obsession at such a young age.
We've had a few pair of SeeKaiRun shoes and love them- I'd hold out until she starts walking so you can get maximum benefit : )
We need to get together for another Monday lunch before this baby comes to celebrate you being done!!
Definitely, definitely, get those shoes! And since when were shoes practical?! I am a big sucker for baby shoes too.
Those are adorable shoes! I know what you mean about the chunky baby legs that don't fit in the bumbo.. how is it that my three year old can sit in it, but not my six month old?? I love chubby babies too!! :) Good luck with everything this next month, what a fun and exciting time! Oh yeah, and stressful. :)
Do It! Buy the shoes it will be like a graduation present to Nora. Ok, so fill me in on this move, maybe I missed it somewhere in you other blogs. Good luck finishing up your project!
Those shoes are way cute. Don't worry about impractbility...all baby shoes are impractical!
Betsey,
These are almost exactly like a pair of shoes I bought for Casey for Christmas three years ago. They were sold through the Sundance Catalog, but were made by my favorite shoe company--Simple Shoes. I can't get over it. They are just like Casey's shoes!
If you want, Grandma Claudia would love to purchase them. I no longer have any credit card bills.
Looks like you've had a busy week celebrating all the greats things happening in your life and experiencing downward turns for Nora's sleeping schedule. :-) I love the baby shoes...I'm totally like you with baby shoes..I have a pair still in the box because I never even got the chance to put it on her before she grew out of it. But it was sooooo cute I had to buy it!
Congrats on your last days of classes! That is so exciting!! And I love chubby baby thighs-- they're the best! Also, cute baby shoes are always worth the splurge.
I am laughing about the legs and the chair. I loved seeing those little things the other night! I really did want to eat them like a chicken leg! She is so cute. I also saw her little boo boos on those cute legs today from the shots :( Poor baby.
Hey Hawkins! I clicked on over from the reunion website because I went to school with Richard and pretty much haven't seen him since...well, then. Just wanted to say hi and congrats on your newest addition!
At least they are on sale!
I love the shoes, though I don't know about that price. Congrats on having a baby. We love having a girl as our oldest.
I found you through a school friend's blog. You had dinner at our house once. My hubby (Elder Chamberlain) served in Ireland, too.
Post a Comment