Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Exciting Upcoming Events

1. Mad Men debuts this weekend. Season three. People, if you are not watching this show, repent now and start catching up. This is fantastic television and it is so engaging and beautiful. I adore everything about this show and can't wait for the new season to start. Here is a little article from NPR telling you why it is awesome.

2. Bloomington this weekend. New house for little brother Karl and Emily. Delicious food, lots of fun and laughing because Emily and Karl are hilarious. I can't wait.

3. Nora's almond challenge on Monday morning. We are going to be giving her almonds in a controlled setting (ie with the allergist there and the epinephrine handy). I like that it is called an almond challenge. It reminds me of a game on Double Dare or something.

4. I'm going home to Decatur in a week to see my BFF from high school. I can't wait to see her and her adorable little boy! Hopefully Nora doesn't bully him: she's about a year older than he is.

5. Richard has a trial on Tuesday. Personally, I'm hoping it actually happens. He hasn't had a single case go to trial since starting work a year ago. They all settled/plead at the last moment. I'm going to go in and watch. I'm excited to hear Richard say, "All rise for the Honorable Judge..." It is a bribery case and is a jury trial. Sounds like an episode of Law and Order if you ask me. Dun-dun!

7 comments:

Katie King said...

Please say prayers for the trial - it was a total mess last time around. Poor Richard! He is always so professional and prepared. If it goes forward, he's going to kick butt and take names! Travel safely this weekend & have fun!

the youngs said...

Do you think Nora will take the "physical challenge" and will there be a "slopstacle coarse?"

angelalois said...

wow! that is much excitement! *I'm* excited!

Anonymous said...

I'm pumped! Party time!

Karl

Jessica said...

I can't wait until Mad Men!!!

Jen said...

Hope the "challenge" went well!

Bryn Stucki said...

Nora is SO CUTE! I love the picture of her with the apple in the last post. I'm gonna start watching mad men now after you said that...a nice middle of the night nursing activity.