Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blog Schmog

What happened to May? I am shocked and appalled that I allowed May to go by with so few posts. I mean, I have a 3 month old adorable baby! I should be posting pictures of him everyday. He is a dream baby, an honest-to-goodness little angel baby. He sleeps though the night, has the most adorable smile in all the world and smothered in kissed by everyone in his family (including an almost-too-loving sister).

Let's give a bullet list of May, so that we can just move on and forget that this bad blogging month did not happen.

* We moved. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Our landlord at the apartment we lived in for two years wouldn't extend our lease for two months. So we are currently living in an apartment above a restaurant. PRO: Don't want to cook? Just go downstairs! CON: Our house smells like food all the time and on the weekends, the restaurant has live music. Living ABOVE a restaurant is a bit like living IN a restaurant.

I initially thought that moving would be great for us. That we could clean out all our stuff (in preparation for the big HK move) and move only the bare essentials to this new place. Sadly, that didn't exactly happen and now we living out of boxes and trying to sort though everything. We have accumulated so much stuff in the last 5 years. In our first move to L.A., we were able to move everything in three car loads. That is laughable now. Too much stuff.

* We had a garage sale with some friends. This was a great part about the move. Although it was difficult to get ready for the sale, we sold so much stuff and made enough money that Richard spoiled me with a nice iPad for Mother's Day. Thank you people, for buying my junk.

* We were able to bless Calvin at our church. It was a wonderful and fantastic day, surrounded by our friends and family. We felt so loved and grateful for our dear friends here in Cleveland and our family who traveled to be with us for Calvin's special day. Calvin makes the perfect addition to our family and we feel honored to be his parents.

* We went to Chicago to visit my cousins, see the city and for Richard to do a little family history. Chicago has always been one of my favorite cities, and with the visit, it moved up the ranks of our list of Places-to-Go-After-Hong-Kong. We also got to see the amazing Cutler family and their beautiful home. It is fair to say that I have home envy for their house.

* We celebrated the life of the amazing woman that Richard worked for, Judge Ann Aldrich. The funeral was tender and full of incredible stories about Judge Aldrich. My favorite part was when her sons sang this song. Everyone in the cathedral sang and clapped along.

* We were able to squeeze in a trip to the Columbus temple. We have loved our little temple trips and, although we are going to LOVE having a temple in Hong Kong, I think we are going to miss our little vacations to the temple. We typically leave on Friday around 4:00 p.m., I do a 8:00 p.m. session and meet Richard and the kids at the hotel afterwards. Richard gets up to go in the morning while I take the kids to a museum or visit with friends. It has been a fun way to get the kids involved in our temple worship.

Phew! No wonder the blog got ignored. We were busy! June should be pretty mild compared to May, so I will be sure to post more frequently.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I knew you must be busy. But no new pictures of Nora and Calvin! Didn't you take a few at the time of the blessing with a house full of family. Loved your description of living above a restaurant. Gramdma C

Anonymous said...

Yes, I knew you must be busy. But no new pictures of Nora and Calvin! Didn't you take a few at the time of the blessing with a house full of family. Loved your description of living above a restaurant. Gramdma C

The Spanns said...

I would like to say that "what a jerk" verbally came out of my mouth when I read that your landlord wouldn't extend your lease 2 months. Good grief! However, it sounds like you've also had some fun - and I look forward to seeing some new pictures! Good luck with everything!!

Tiffany Feger said...

aw, i miss you. it's good to be so busy that you have to choose between one good thing and another good thing. you still have a tiny baby, but I DO miss seeing your kids' pictures.

Rachel said...

Any chance you are going to make it to Buffalo before you leave for Hong Kong?? Didn't you mention something about needing to visit Canada before you leave the U.S.??

What is wrong with your landlord?

Karolyn said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys. I want Chicago to be your place to go after Hong Kong. You guys would love it here, and we would love love love to have you nearby. We had such a great visit with you.

Emily said...

wow! That is a lot that you did. No wonder there was no time to blog! Also, totally uncool of your landlord to not extend your lease for just 2 more months! Boo on him.