Nora was so excited for Halloween this year. During the week leading up to Halloween, we tried to do a little Halloween activity each day. We sang Halloween songs, bought (and ate) Halloween candy, and watched a Halloween movie. We could have bought a pumpkin at the grocery store, but we decided to make our own pumpkins out of colored paper instead. It was a nice week, but Nora really just wanted to put on her costume and go to the Halloween party at the church. It was a wonderful party and Nora was exhausted at the end. It was a great day.
We started out with a cookie walk. Nora didn't really get what was going on, but she loved to walk around in a circle.

The mermaid costume made it difficult to get up on the chairs. Usually, when the music stopped, she just stood by a chair.

More walking.

YES! She got a cookie! It was thrilling!

We then went around the building to do a lot of different games. Poor Nora, she didn't get any coordinated genes from me and Richard. She wasn't that great at the games, but she had a ton of fun trying! Above was the bean bag toss.

Here is Nora playing a fishing game.

Nora and Richard attempting to mini golf.

And a shoot the skeleton game.

Here is Nora trying to throw a ball to hit a bunch of empty cans. She had such a ball.

Calvin was also there, he mostly stayed strapped to me. Although, he did have fun watching the kids.
They had a little costume contest for the kids.

The winners received a cupcake. Nora was desperate for a cupcake. She was starting to cry, and thankfully her name was called! Phew, we were grateful to avoid that tantrum.

Nora with her coveted cupcake.

We also got to go trick or treating around the building. Nora got a ton of loot (by 2 year old standards) and was so happy!

Yeah for candy! Boo to the little girl who decided to give Nora a peanut M&M. Thankfully, I saw the exchange and ran over and pulled the offensive peanut out of Nora's mouth. She had a fit (of course) because I scared her as I ran over and shoved my fingers into her mouth. It was a little scary, but everything was okay in the long run.
Another successful Halloween, now onto Thanksgiving...what!?!?! They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Hong Kong....BOOOOO! Even though Richard doesn't have the day off and I don't have an oven, we are going to celebrate with a month of Thanksgiving. We have our Thankful Wall ready to go and I'm on the look out for recipes that don't need an oven. Wish us luck :)
9 comments:
do you have a microwave or a toaster oven? Janna made an awesome pumpkin pie using those two appliances! You could even skip the microwave part if you use pumpkin from a can! so glad you guys had a good halloween!
Thanks for the fantastic post! The kids look amazing and happy :) Richard looks thin - are they letting him take breaks to eat? lol
I wonder if you can make a pumpkin cheesecake...do those require ovens?
Happy Halloween & Thanksgiving!!
I have had great luck making turkey breast in a crock pot! It is so moist, and it is easy and pretty small space-wise. You could also get one of those roasters-- I've heard those work great too. xoxo suz
Thanks for a wonderful post!!! I almost feel as if I was at the Church Halloween Party with Nora. You are wonderful to take the time and share your lives with us. It makes me very happy!
No oven??? Nora's costume was adorable - she deserved that cupcake :) And how cute that they had those games. Our ward's event was very chaotic, fun, but chaotic, and some organized games would have helped!
First, Nora was adorable. The cupcake was definitely deserved by pure merit alone, though I'm glad it also diverted a tantrum. =)
Second, no oven? Really?? I didn't know that was an option!
Third, no Thanksgiving? How sad! Glad you are carrying on the tradition anyway!
I loved going to the Halloween party with Nora and Calvin looks happy too. Glad Nora got a cup cake. Where did Richard's hair go? Grandma C.
Betsey, the people need to know why you have no oven and how you are making do! How 'bout a post about your kitchen? LOVE the blog!!!!!
Oh, that last anonymous person was Katie Sievers. Oops! (and so will this one be!)
Post a Comment