Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hoping to Adopt

I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but when my sweet and dear friends, Rachel and Ryan, asked all of their friends to post about their search for a baby, I knew I had to get on the ball and post!

I was Rachel's R.A. in the dorms during her freshman year of college and my junior year. Rachel is one of those people who you don't forget. She is vivacious and fun. She always had wonderful stories to tell and could make everyone laugh in a minute. She is warm and loving, remembering details and things you tell her. Rachel makes you feel like a million bucks when you are with her.

Rachel and Ryan were married in 2005, and Ryan is the cat's meow :) He is kind and gentle. He listens and responds thoughtfully, and you know what he says is sincere. He shares Rachel's love of service and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Plus, kids LOVE him. It is unbelievable, the first time Nora met him, she was in love. It was so cute. She gave him a little kiss on the lips when we left :).

Really, I could go on and on about this couple. They are really are incredible. I can easily say that they are one of the most wonderfully genuine, loving and dedicated couples that I know.

Rachel and Ryan are looking to adopt a baby! They need to spread the word about the adoption process. I wanted to let everyone know about this incredible couple. If you know anyone who is considering adoption, please click on this link or the one on the sidebar to view Rachel and Ryan's adoption profile. It is amazing how families come together, and I know that the Lord has a wonderful baby just waiting to join Ryan and Rachel!

Ryan and Nora, watch out Rachel...Nora's got eyes for your man :).

Ryan giving Rachel a little smooch after she ran a 1/2 marathon in Akron, Ohio. They both love running and have run several 1/2 marathons together.

Rachel getting ready for the Akron run. Rachel is a high school english teacher and feels passionately about literature and her students. But, she is also hilarious and tells really funny stories about her experiences teaching. Her stories always bring a smile on my face and she inspires me to read more!

The sweet couple and our Nora. We were lucky to live close enough to them to visit when we lived in Ohio. We miss your excellent cooking and hospitality! We love you sweet Nielson family and can't wait to see what the future holds for you! We know it will be amazing!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You are the best, Betsy! We are not deserving of such a tribute!! THANK YOU!

I must say two things:

1) I think it's the FLOWER that needs to watch out for Nora--not me. :)

2) If that lovely photo of me in front of the fountain with my slicked hair and morning groggy face doesn't convince someone to choose me to be the mother of their baby, I don't know what will! That photo should be on the front of a glamour magazine! :)

Love you.

Jacy said...

I have a friend who does a ton of adoption work/promotion/etc. She keeps a blog with lots of adoption links, etc -- http://thearizonaexperiment.blogspot.com. She is also friends with lots of adoption-promotion people. Anyway, I passed their link on to her and hopefully that will help spread the word. Good luck to your friends!

Jacy said...

P.S. I just got the following response from my friend:

Jacy, that's awesome, thank you for sharing! I know it probably means the world to your friends that you are taking the time to pass on their info and help them look for their baby! I will add them to our list of hoping to adopt couples on our blog and website and we will put them on our spotlight list, too. Thanks!! P.S. if they have a button, get that and send it to me as well...shandandmegan (at) gmail (dot) com

and

P.S. I just found their button on their blog...you don't have to send it. :)

She's on top of things! Hope it helps.

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Very neat! Nels's sister and her husband have just adopted 3 babies in the last 2 years. One through LDS Social Services and 2 (a brother and a sister) through another agency. The gift of adoption has blessed their lives so much. We will definitely keep our eyes and ears open. I will pass this along to my sister in law too and see if she might be able to help also!

Nicole said...

I found you! I thought I was in the wrong place at first because of the pic on the side. Don't worry, I figured it out. :) Your friends sound awesome, I wish the best for them!! Our blog is http://codyandnicole.blogspot.com if want to make a visit. :)