Friday, February 18, 2011

Tea Party

Nora has a little crush on a darling woman at our church, Sister Pratt. Let's be honest, I also think that Sister Pratt is the bee's knees and want to be just like her when I grow up.

We invited Sister Pratt to come to our house for a little cookie decorating and tea party. Sister Pratt came prepared with the best sugar cookies, decorations, tea cups, doilies, and a sweet little tea pot. See, don't you want to be Sister Pratt, too?

Nora and Sister Pratt decorating the delicious cake that she made. I might have finished off half the cake by myself, it was soooooo good!

Nora and her signature cookie eating style, just eat the frosting and then ask mom to reapply.

Calvin also enjoyed the festivities. He loved the frosting, but also ate the cookie too!

Don't you just adore his big, blue eyes?!?!? I know I do! Sister Pratt also brought delicious Stephen's Citrus and Spice Wassail. Note to self: Buy some when you are in Utah this summer. Heavenly! We had a wonderful afternoon with Sister Pratt and appreciate her taking time to be so kind to our family. Whenever I think if Sister Pratt, I think of the scripture in Mosiah 2:17 (Book of Mormon Scripture).

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

6 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely! I want to be Sister Pratt when I grow up. How fun, I love this post! xoxo, K

carol lee said...

Can I join the Sister Pratt fan club too? What a sweet thing to do for my adorable grandchildren. I think I know just the tea set that Sister Pratt gets when she returns to Utah this summer! It has been waiting for 20 years in my kitchen for a person to use and love it.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Did I ever tell you I want to be like you when I grow up, Betsey? Oh wait, you're practically my same age. Oh well, still works :D

(Sorry about my deleted commnet. You won't find it hard to believe that I'm still trying to figure out computers...)

Anonymous said...

I would love to have been at the tea party with Sis. Pratt, Nora and Calvin and Betsey of course. Grandma C.

April Celeste Garff said...

I wish I could find a Sister Pratt! What a fun activity! We might be in Utah this summer, too, for the Utah Bar. If you're there then too, we should totally meet up.