Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Miss This Kid!

Nora has been in Utah since Saturday morning. I miss her terribly. Richard's grandmother passed away. Richard was going to go back alone, but we decided that Nora would enjoy the time with her cousins and Richard wanted a travel companion. Cal-Pal and I opted to stay home because Calvin+Jet lag=Disaster!

I pick them up from the airport tomorrow night and I just can't wait! Look at this sweet girl! I'm dying without her! (oh, I guess I miss Richard, too :)...)

Nora has had a ball with her cousins though. I love to hear stories about them playing together. I think she has been a bit wild in Utah, Richard said she's been going to bed about 10:00 p.m. every night. I guess it will make it easier to get back on schedule here. :).

I love that she still has a little bit of her baby fat left. I just want to squeeze those cute chubby cheeks. I told her that she had to be very good at the funeral, which was a party for Grandma Iris. She asked if there was going to be cake at the party. Don't worry, she got her cake. :)

After they dedicated the gravesite today, Nora and a few of her cousins started to pull flowers out of the bouquets at the gravesite. Richard scolded them, but then the kids started spontaneously decorating Grandma Iris's casket with the flowers. I loved hearing that. Nora was very blessed to know her Grandma. We got to spend a few hours with her before her health started failing. It was a treat for us. Before we left to come back to Hong Kong, Grandma Iris had started to get very sick. Nora was so wonderful, when we walked into her room, Nora ran up and gave her a kiss on her hand. It was very tender and it cheered Grandma's spirit.

We've been skyping with Richard and Nora in the mornings and at night. Every morning, Nora is so delighted to see Calvin. And his face just lights up when she is on the screen. Calvin has learned to give kisses and he kisses the computer screen when we are skyping Nora and Richard.

I'm one lucky mom to call this girl my daughter.

5 comments:

Janelle said...

The tossing of the flowers onto the casket is a sweet story. Very touching. Thanks for sharing. :)

Rachel said...

Love her!!!!

ajehz and m said...

she's an angel. i'm sorry our wires crossed and the moonlight marathon didn't include a wheeler sighting :( boo. hiss. loves and hugs and sorrys.

Lirpa said...

So sorry to hear about Grandma Iris! I was actually thinking of her this past Saturday and Sunday as my own grandmother (who'll be 100 in a few months!) went into the hospital. I loved hearing stories of your correspondence. :) Love to you and Richard, and those sweet babies, too! <3

Nicole said...

Such a sweet post, Betsey, and such a sweet girl!! The pictures are adorable!