Calvin has also developed his kissing skills. He loves to give "flying kisses" which is what we call it when you blow a kiss. I don't know why or how we started calling them flying kisses, but we do! He is also a very good hugger. I think these are essential skills and I am glad that he has them mastered.
Calvin also loves to dance. Mostly, he just spins in circles, but it is adorable. He will sometimes throw his hands up in the air. He likes to dance to anything, slow songs, church songs, commercials. He just feels the music inside his soul and has to dance!
He also loves horses! He got to spend some time with horses when we were in Utah. We went to the cabin of our favorite Crall's and there were horses in the field nearby. Calvin was simultaneously terrified and enthralled with the horses. He loves to read books about horses, play with our toy horses, ride the new toy horse we got from our friends and he likes to jump on our backs and get a horsey ride around the house. I love the noise he makes for horses. I can't write it out, but it is the cutest little noise ever. It warms my heart.
Calvin is also a master screamer. He screams when he wants some attention, and we all come running because we want the screaming to stop! He also likes to scream in quiet elevators, which kind of makes me laugh. I was just looking at pictures from last summer and I can't believe how little he was last year. It is amazing to me that he is 18 months old. It feels like he has been in our family forever and simultaneously, it feels like I just had him. I know that I was pregnant with Calvin when Nora was 18 months old, but I feel like he is still my little baby and I am not ready to give that up just yet. In time, but right now, I love our little boy and our little girl. They are my heart.
6 comments:
How good to see pictures of the children again. I saw Richard and Nora in Provo at Iris's funeral. Nora was at first suffering from jet lag but looked darling in her black dress and black bow in her hair but later at the Hawkins home she was friendly with everyone. When cameras came out she was ready with her smile. Love her. CPH
:) love the pictures! (and the posts). I can't believe how big calvin is!
they are both so cute! and he's such a handsome little guy. some day we'll meet. some day.
I feel exactly the same about h. What a great post. You are a beautiful mom.
What great cute pictures. I love your post about Calvin.
Yes, I can't forget Calvin. Hope I get to see him in person one day. How he is growing!
Post a Comment