Wednesday, October 12, 2011

32 Goals


I'm a huge fan of goals. I love 'em. Seriously, I try to make goals on a daily and weekly basis. I obviously don't always achieve what I set out to do, but I think it helps keep me focused on what I really want to do with my time and energy.

In addition to my usual New Years goals, I like to set birthday goals. I've included what I want to accomplish in the next year below, but I also thought I would add some of the things that I am proud of from the last year of my life.

Things I'm proud of from last year



1. I survived a move to another country

2. I stopped biting my nails (a habit I've had my entire life!)

3. I ran 2 half-marathons

4. I lost 30 lbs.

Goals for the next year



1. Finish my Young Women's Personal Progress. I was supposed to do this when I was 17, but I was lame and did not. Our Young Women's president here in Hong Kong challenged us older women who didn't do it at the time to complete it now. It may take me longer than a year, but I am going to do it!

2. Read the entire Bible. Another lame thing that I've never completed. I've read the New Testament, but got bogged down when I tried to read the Old Testament. I'm excited to finally complete this!

3. Lose those last pounds to help me be at a healthy Body Mass Index. No need for explanation, just need to eat less and exercise more. :)

4. Run another marathon. I'm running another 1/2 marathon in December and I'm going to see if I can physically accomplish this goal. Honestly, I don't know if I can do this, but I would love to give it a try. The last marathon I did (over 2 years ago) was really painful!

5. Take 3 graduate school classes towards my Masters in Library Sciences.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Good goals. Seriously. I like that you set birthday goals -- it's very fitting, trying to accomplish some things for a new year of your life!

Unknown said...

Go betsey go! I think your accomplishments in the last year are particularly awesome and I'm sure you can do even greater things in the year ahead!

April Celeste Garff said...

I love that you're a goal-setter! It is so motivating for me!!! I'm going to race vicariously through you since I won't be able to for awhile. :) And losing 30 lbs---That's amazing!!! Congrats and good luck on your new goals!

Julia said...

You survived a move to a new country with TWO SMALL KIDS! That alone makes you amazing!

Kirsten Treff said...

Happy belated birthday, and great goals! In my MTC group, the 9 Elders were Eagle scouts, and my 2 comps had their YW Award... then there was a me, a lowly BYU grad. They said I was the black sheep. I need to get around to that, too!

Rachel said...

You are amazing!!

Margie and Brandon said...

you are amazing and i love that you set goals and track your progress. i will say, though, when i read the headline of your post, i thought you were going to set 32 goals for yourself. ;-) love and miss you, my sweet little sister.

xoxo!
-M

Emily and Seth said...

Yay for goals! You can do it! Love the B-day pics.

Beth said...

You are awesome and inspiring, Betsey!! I want to set some motivating goals now too!

Karen Liu said...

Congratulations on your accomplishments and inspiring us with your new goals. You are AMAZING!