I've been 32 for one week, so far...so good! Richard's birthday is looming, so I figured I should get on the ball and chronicle my day so that I could properly document his special day next week.
First, I got to spend the day with these two crazies. I adore them! They were so excited to celebrate!
I had to include this happy picture of Calvin. Look at him! I love this Cutie in overalls. He is excited here because we let him stay up late and eat cake! He devoured his piece, Calvin has a major sweet tooth.
Nora loved playing with balloons, blowing her horn and making my birthday merry!
The kids helped me to make the cake. Calvin was determined to put his fingers in the batter and eat it! It was a bit tricking and I was nervous that the recipe wouldn't turn out because of their "help," but all was well!
Here we are enjoying breakfast in bed. Richard made me some delicious eggs and toast. The kids were so excited to join me. Nora wants breakfast in bed everyday.
It was a great birthday. I went to a religious studies class for my church in the morning. Then, after I dropped Nora off at preschool, I was supposed to go to the gym. "Unfortunately" I forgot my running shoes, so I had to sit in McDonalds, drink a diet coke and read my book. Darn! :) After school, we all went to our music class that we do with a few kids from our church. We went to the library after that, got some books and then dinner with Richard.
When we got home, it was late, but we had promised Nora cake and she was not going to go to bed without it. So, we had our cake and opened presents. Nora got me an iPod Nano and Calvin got me a book on Cambodia (where we are going in December). I bought myself some new nail polish. Richard also took me out to dinner later that week for the Best Meal of My Life. Seriously. Yum Yum. I love me some fine dining.
It was a great day and a wonderful week. Richard really worked hard to help me have a fantastic birthday week. He is truly the best part of me. I'm one lucky woman.
9 comments:
That sounds like a great birthday. Especially the stolen moments in McDonald's. :D I hope this coming year is just as great!
Sounds like a fabulous birthday! And I love to make my own cake ... I just don't want to clean up the mess when it's over!
Happy way late birthday!
And yummm . . . the cake looks delicious. :)
Cute, cute, cute! So glad it was such a fun day!! You deserve it!
Just to clarify, it was "okay" that you made your own cake. The cake itself wasn't "okay" it was DELICIOUS! You were too humble when you described that amazing cake.
Happy birthday again. We love you!
Happy birthday!! That cake looks delicious. Makes my mouth water.
You look great Betsey. Congratulations on the weight loss. Thanks for the pictures of you and the children.
Happy birthday! And Hi! I found your blog a few weeks ago but I'm not sure if I've commented yet.
I love that last thing you said, that your husband is the best part of you. That's pretty amazing considering what an incredible person you are, Betsey! And also very sweet and touching. I feel the same way about my man. :)
share your recipe!!!!!!
Post a Comment