Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Nora Story

I'll get back to posting real substantive posts at some point, but I need to be better at recording the super adorable things my kids do, so I'll be doing a bit of that on the blog.  Sorry if you hate cute kids and sweet stories.

While I was putting Nora to bed tonight, we were talking about school and she asked where she was going to go to college.  I told her that she could go anywhere she wanted.  She then asked in a weepy voice if she had to leave home and move out.  She asked if there were colleges in Hong Kong that she could go to and be near us.  My tender girl is so delightful.  I told her that I wanted her to have a wonderful adventure wherever she went and that I hoped she would go somewhere that helped her learn, grow, have new experiences and meet new people.  I told her that Richard went to college in the town her grew up in, but that I went to college far away from my family, and that we both had amazing experiences.  I find it adorable and charming that she was thinking about this.  I love that we are her whole world right now and that she wants nothing more than to be near me and Richard.  

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it! She is so sweet, Betsey. She sounds so much like my Jane.

Merry said...

That's adorable!

just a little bit mo said...

Awww . . . what a cutie. Brings a tear to the eye.

ajehz and m said...

she is so sweet. and her attitude is indicative of they way you two are raising and loving her. i miss all of you and hope that our adventures cross paths again sometime very soon!

Morgan Moore said...

Love it! Miss you guys so much!

Popi and CeCe said...

I love cute kids and sweet stories.
Cheryl