Thursday, June 21, 2007
Blogging in the Ward
It seems like most of the blogging in the Ward is taking place in the RS. There are a few exceptions that come to mind (Dan E., Joel H., Tom J., Chris A., Taylor O.), but 3 (almost 4) of the 5 that I can think of aren't even in the Ward anymore. I know it's not because they're too busy--I've seen all of your blogs with the fun activities, dates, and trips week in and week out! So why not more blogging in the EQ? Seriously, post some comments, folks. I have a theory, but I want to see what you think first. You'll get a prize if your answer agrees with mine. OK, you'll get a prize if your answer is better than mine, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I want a prize!
O.K. Chard, Here are my theories: 1) The boys are usually in school and too busy to blog. 2) The boys lives are filled with studying and seeing patients, therefore not very exciting to blog about (but that's debatable). 3) Well, I can't think of a third reason so two will have to do.
Marc always tells me that he is going to start his own blog and then we'll have a contest to see who can get more comments. I keep telling him to get started, but reasons 1 & 2 keep getting in the way. Bummer.
To be honest, the only reason Dan blogs is because I type it out for him while he thinks out loud for me and then I have to put in the pictures for him...that, or if I guilt trip him enough about not contributing, then maybe he'll do one. So I'd like to hear suggestions on how to spread the blgging influence too!
I would think that the blog is used to keep in touch with people...and men (in general) aren't as concerned about keeping in touch. It is the same kind of thing as letters in the mission. Guys never wrote their guy friends, but I was so sad when I didn't get letters from my friends after I wrote to them. Does that make sense? Just my 2 cents :)
Hi Richard and Betsey,
SOOOOO good to hear from you. Since I moved up to Utah, I've had very limited internet access. But I'm all caught up on your blog ever since I found the spot if I sit just right on on CL and JPH's front porch, I can steel "diglink"'s signal.
Anyway, it is 10:59 pm MST. It is one of those classic Utah Summer evenings and I feel connected again to you and the world. Ah, lack of internet, really cramps my style. Mom and Dad also don't have TV. So it is just me, los bebes, and NPR. We all get along great...most of the time.
Big baby is walking now! He started a couple of weeks ago. He just decided that he was ready and took 25 steps by himself with me behind him. It is like he knew how to do it all along and just wanted us to fret about it needlessly.
Little baby is trying to pull himself up. He's also crazy about Ritz crackers. The kid starts salivating like Pavlov's dogs when I start crinkling the wrapper to open them up. Crazy about Ritz. He also likes avocados. This would be his fourth introduction and he didn't have the instant gag reflex like he did the other 3 times.
Speaking of gaging, I love the image of Little Mouse Betsey vomiting at the sound of vomiting. Hilarious.
DH is studying like a mad dog and we miss him like a pack of mad dogs. We are going down to visit him after the 4th of July. Can't wait.
I'm working on school work, ugh, and enjoying motherhood (except from the hours of 4-6 when I have zero energy). We get to see Suz and family which makes everything worth it. Grandma is doing well too. She asks about you and until this evening, I couldn't report anything.
So I totally broke the rules of blogging by making extraneous comments. Is that okay? If you don't like my blogiquette (or its abesnce), please, please, please let me know.
So excited for you all. I LOVE the posts, pictures, and people. You are the best! We miss you loads and loads.
Hmmmm...this has been the argument in our home for awhile now. I cannot get the man to post. I have pleaded with Nate to just leave a dang comment on our blog! Nate thinks blogs are funny. I think he might be a tad bit humiliated that I post a lot of pictures of him with his shirt off. On his defense, he does want to start a taco blog. So it will be started soon...the blog of the best (and worst) tacos/burritos in Los Angeles. Maybe we should do hamburgers in there since we eat a lot of those! I guess food is his motivation.
Post a Comment