
Or Victoria Habour as they would write here in the formerly British controlled island of Hong Kong. Last night, Richard and I went to Kowloon (which is a peninsula north of Hong Kong island, at least that is what Wikipedia tells me...I'm still figuring the geography out). We went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. Richard really wanted to have hot pots, which is where they set this big bowl of steaming hot broth in front of you, and then all sorts of meats, dumplings, veggies etc. You dump the meats etc in your broth and let them cook for a while. Then you enjoy the soup! We ended up ordering something different, but it made me want to try hot pots another time. One of my favorite parts of the evening was when the table near us had the waiter bring out the VERY large and VERY alive crab to inspect. I think they were considering ordering it. It was a little alarming, but exciting all at the same time. Richard seemed to think that they might eat the crab live, but I can't imagine how that would happen. At any rate...they didn't order it...the crab lived to see another day.
Richard and I then walked to Victoria Harbor to watch the light show that takes place every night at 8:00 p.m. Many of the buildings in Hong Kong along the water have lights along their sides and tops to create a very interesting and beautiful light show every night. The show is choreographed to some really awful music (think symphony and synthesizers...yuck), but was really cool to see. I tried to take pictures of my own, but only had my lousy camera that can't seem to take pictures at night. This picture I borrowed will have to do for now.
I love Hong Kong's sky line because it climbs up the side of a mountain. There are many buildings on a lot of different levels. It is really beautiful
6 comments:
Those hot pots sound exactly like the fondue you can get at The Melting Pot here in the states. It's a fantastic restaurant and the best part is the Oreo chocolate fondue for dessert. Yummmmm!
how fun! I'm glad that you two are enjoying everything there is to offer there.
I agree that it sounds like the Melting Pot.
welcome to blogspot and congrats on the babyness!
I'm so glad to hear that you made it Hong Kong safely and that you're enjoying you're time with Richard! Hot pots are the best! You have to try it, but be careful to order the non-spicy ones and if you order the spicy one, DON'T DRINK THE SOUP! :-)
Sounds amazing. I am definitely jealous of your adventures, though I did have some very delicious hot pots made by our very own Emily Ess!
More posts please! I love hearing about your adventures. we miss you guys!
Post a Comment