Friday, June 15, 2007

No photos...BOO!!

I was sort of waiting to post until I figured out our picture issues. Because really, how much fun is a post without pictures? But then I started feeling badly. Here we are, in Hong Kong...and no information for friends and family! Shame on Team Hawkins!

The reason we don't have the ability to post pictures is because Richard dropped the phone on his computer screen. It completely shattered the screen, so it is time for a new computer for Richie. My computer doesn't have a camera memory card reader. I need one, and you'd think here in Electronic Heaven Hong Kong, I could find one....I just need to hunt. Anyway, enough of the explanations.

Last Friday (yes, a week ago...I stink!) Richard's firm had a tram party. They rented a trolley/tram for everyone to travel up and down the streets of Hong Kong. Hong Kong has incredible public transportation--there are public trams, buses, ferrys and the most beautiful underground trains (who knew that subways could be nice, but HK's are!). The firm rented a tram and we sat on the top deck and chatted while the tram took us along the streets of the city. I am continually amazed at how many people are in Hong Kong. The streets are just packed full of people.

We stopped at the China Club and had a delicious meal with a lot of people from the firm. The China Club is a very old club that dates back to when the British first took control of Hong Kong. The British established their own club to have a place to go for meetings, retain British tradition, and partially to keep the Chinese out. The Chinese elite opened their own club as a response. The clubs have remained despite the reunification with China and the end of the divisions between Chinese and Westerners. The food was very yummy! I'm horrible with food descriptions, but there was a very yummy crab soup (with some fungus thing that I avoided) that I just loved. It was nice to meet some people that Richard works with and I got some tips about places to shop! I haven't bought anything yet, but this weekend, I'm hitting up some markets in Kowloon!

I promise to report more frequently and to figure out a way to post some pictures!!!

4 comments:

aSHleY said...

So happy to see a post finally. Send pics ASAP. Miss you team Hawkins.

Jacy said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am constantly jealous of your cool adventures. Have fun shopping!!

Emily said...

Yea! Finally...some info..sheesh (j/k) I'm glad to hear that you and Rich are having fun in Hong Kong! Sorry to hear about the computer...I didn't know it was even possible to shatter a computer screen. Anyway, patiently awaiting pictures. :-)

suzanne said...

If you do get pictures to post, I would love to see one of the dragon boat practices! I think you guys are the best!