Today was the birthday of someone in my office. We celebrated by having cake, and naturally the conversation revolved around yummy cake. Someone said that the cake at Sweet Lady Jane was just delicious. Another of my co-workers mentioned that when J-Lo got married, her cake came from Sweet Lady Jane. I naturally made note of this fact, as I love all things J-Lo (sarcasm here, people!) and decided I must check it out! The cakes look amazing on the website and I am also impressed with all the wonderful treats that they sell. Has anyone else been to this bakery? Does anyone else want to go with me to this bakery? I feel somehow bad buying a cake for myself :) But it's not for me, it's for Baby Hawkins, right?
8 comments:
Mmm. I would definitely go with you.
There was a cake place that Emily Ess loved and would buy cakes from. I don't know if this is it or not. Regardless, it looks super yummy! Count me in.
I have been to this bakery, not for me but for my boss and I have always wanted to go and eat yummy desserts there for me. It is in West Hollywood and is very cute. They only have about 3 tables in the place so it is kind of cramped. They have tons of individual desserts as well--not just cakes. Let me know when you are going.
Dude. I think you should bring a cake to Indiana this weekend. ;-)
um HELLO do you even need to ask??
Yes, my friend Amy introduced me to SLJ's not long after I moved to Los Angeles. It was our favorite "girlie" place to go for dessert or afternoon tea. The bakery itself is lovely and dainty. They serve you on fancy china and with doilies! Amy and I would always just get a slice of cake each (they always have many yummy varieties that they sell by the slice) and have it there at the bakery. I think taking a whole cake home would be dangerous! In addition to being lovely to look at--the cake is amazing to eat, too! I recommend the carrot--it's fabulous. Oh, and they're black bean soup is also very good :).
I say we go Bets. We deserve it since we are both husbandless.
Hey...you should order one for your baby shower! If you want, I can bring one as your gift.
Post a Comment