Sunday, July 8, 2007

I heart NPR

One of my favorite things in the world is NPR. I love listening to it while driving to and from work. My favorite shows are This American Life and Wait! Wait! Don't tell Me. If you have never heard these two shows, I would recommend that you check them out.

I also really love all the music that they highlight on NPR. They talk about really interesting musicians creating wonderful music. I've learned about some of my favorite artists through NPR, including The Decemberists, Rufus Wainwright, and Neko Case.

Recently, I saw this great article on NPR, combining two things that I love-music and history. I love the history of our country-particularly during this time of year. It is amazing to me to think about how our country has developed and changed in our very short history. I think a lot of people are pessimistic (maybe rightly so) about the state of our country, but I am moved when I think about all that has developed here since 1776!

I haven't listened to the story yet (I'm in class right now, can't really put the headphones in), but I just think it is such a great idea to combine music and history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

When does wait wait, don't tell me come on?

Upon moving to Huntington Beach 89.9 got super fuzzy, and I was devastated. I scanned and scanned, but no luck. It turns out though, the local station here (just a mere 89.3) doesn't have the same time slots. Silly me.