Monday, February 25, 2008

The Huntington Library

On Presidents' Day, Betsey and I went to Pasadena to see the Huntington Library. I had heard a lot about the library from my great uncle, Reed Stout, who did a lot of research in their Mormon historical documents collection. Little did I know that, in addition to the library, the Huntington also has amazing gardens and a beautiful art museum. Our afternoon together was perfect. I would highly recommend this Los Angeles gem!













11 comments:

Jacy said...

I LOVE the Huntington Library, too! It is so gorgeous, and even free on the first Thursday of every month (though usually crowded on this day.) It is definitely an LA treasure. And I love the pictures-- you, the flowers, everything is so beautiful!

Bryn Stucki said...

That is SO COOL! I had totally forgotten about that place! Don't they have a Gutenberg Bible there or something? We will have to go there soon! Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

Richie,
You are becoming quite the photographer. I'm impressed! Now teach me!

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures, you guys. I also love the new haircut, Betsey! It also warms my heart to see my little brother be such a cute daddy. You guys are the best.

L said...

Huntington Library is one of my favorite places in LA. Have you been to the Getty in Malibu yet? I haven't been since the remodel, but that's another place I loved. Greco-Roman art and the beach in the same day! Gotta love it!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

I meant to tell you on Sunday that I loved your haircut...so cute!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Your pictures are beautiful! You guys are such a cute little family. Betsey your hair looks great! What a fun place to be able to go!

Kirsten Treff said...

great hair cut, Betsey!

amy said...

hi richard and betsey- i found your blog through kate and neil's and was thrilled to see your new baby. she is gorgeous, not that i needed to tell you. i love the picture of richard holding nora in the sling; i always think babies look so cozy nestled in those things. congratulations on your baby (and your haircut, betsey, everyone is right, it does look great!). i hope to see you on one of your visits to utah :)

Kalin said...

I really love the new hair and that you called the Huntington a "gem." Perhaps you should consider a career as a guidebook author.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.