Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Celebration: Part III

Phew! I've drawn this party out into three days of posts. Excellent job, Betsey...excellent job.

Finally, what you have all been waiting for! Pictures of Nora smooshing cake in her face!

In the beginning, we had to coax her a little, to let her know that frosting is awesome and will make her happy.

She began by just poking her fingers in the frosting.  

Then, the face plant.  

Why don't we eat our cake this way at every birthday?  I don't know!

The sign on the front of the cake (which IS edible, but tastes like cardboard) was actually her favorite part.  Clearly her tastes are not very refined.

Look at this happy girl!  Birthday One was a success!

Plus, she always walked away with some great loot!  

She loves her new dog!  Sadly, this dog doesn't kiss her face like Lilly the pug.

Her little horse is already a favorite.  We have played cowgirl many times since her birthday.

And, every little girl (in the Cleve') needs some outdoor performance gear.  

Look at my great family with their antlers!  Aren't they such sports?  We have the best family and friends!  

Nora sure is happy with all the attention from her birthday.

The happy family of three!  Nora is such a joy and delight!

Now, for a little info on Taco pizza.  It goes a little something like this.  Crust, refried bean sauce (instead of a red sauce), cheese, lettuce and a delightful ranch dipping sauce.  Yummy yum!  Am I missing anything Emily?  Emily, my brother's girlfriend, is a taco pizza expert.  It is delightful and should not be missed if you are visiting the Pizza Hut in Decatur, Indiana.  

I think I have sufficiently exhausted the birthday posts.  The celebration is officially over until next year!  :)  

7 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Nora!! I Can't believe she's 1 already! She's just a cutie!

The 'Chard said...

Betsey--you missed the two most important ingredients of taco pizza! There is also a layer of Dorrito chips and salsa for dipping. How could you forget! Mmmm...

The Thomases said...

I love the birthday hat! So darling! Where in the world did you find it! Again, Happy BD Nora! We miss you!

a gimbel said...

You can't forget the doritos Betsey!!!

karl

Nadia said...

This is just a question of fairness. Nora is only one and might not realize how close her birthday is to another important date in December. Well, to advocate her interests I wonder if her first year celebration was free from Christmas gifts? It is an important issue or will become so in a few short months or years... just kidding ;-)
I loved the sequence of cake shots!!! She is so cute and she really discovers new tastes in those pictures. Nummy number one!

Morgan Moore said...

She is SO CUTE!! I can't believe she is already 1. I love her. And love/miss my most favorite peeps!!

xoxo

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

Happy (belated) Birf-day, Nora!
She is so grown up and adorable!