Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hoosier Holiday

Nora and I are visiting Grandma and Grandpa Gimbel in Decatur this week. Richard is very busy this month, so we thought we would get out of his hair. Additionally, my dad is out of work for the next 11 weeks and we thought we would keep him company.

Here are a few of my favorite things about being at home with my parents.

1. Television. We don't have T.V. at our house, so I've been catching up on all sorts of silly programs like A Baby Story and everything on HGTV.

2. Food. My parents always have yummy food at their house. And I love the layout of their kitchen. We just sit around the island in the kitchen, eating, talking and laughing.

3. Seeing Baby Nora with her Grandparents. She's pretty good at saying Grandpa (more like "popop") and just ADORES Grandma.

4. I love my parents' yard, and so does Nora. Every morning, we walk around the house over and over and over again.

5. The small little town I grew up in is so cute. It brings back lots of memories, being in my little hometown.

6. Being with my parents. They really are the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time at home. I always loved to "go home". I loved t see the wide open spaces of the prairies. Felt like I could breath deeply again. It was good not to be hedged in all around by mountains. Although I love this mountain valley too.
Grandma C.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

How fun! I love my parents house too! Sorry Richard is so busy. I can totally relate. Sometimes it's best just to go off and enjoy yourself so your hubby can get his work done...

a gimbel said...

We absolutely love having Betsey home, (and Nora, too, of course), and I'm glad Richard is such a great sport about giving them up for a week. As a mother, it's so interesting to read Betsey's comments because I can remember having those same feelings when I would go and visit my parents. The respite is always welcome.

But I know Betsey really misses Richard terribly. It's always difficult to have to climb into bed alone, when your beloved isn't there, and you end up staying up later than you normally would. I am exactly the same way when Ed travels, or when I travel by myself.

So, Richard, thank-you for allowing us to borrow your best friends for a while. I just love spoiling my daughter, and my granddaughter.

Claudia

ajehz and m said...

betsey, enjoy home! you are an incredible wife and momma. i hope you are all able to be reunited soon and have some good time together. but....in the meantime, isn't having mom and dad around the best?!?!?!? definitely one of those blisses of life to realize and enjoy being spoiled as an adult! richard, hope you are hanging in there without your girls!