Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Apple"

Nora was eating her dinner in the kitchen while I fixed dinner for me and Richard. (Richard gets home a little later and Nora is ready for dinner at 5:00 p.m. She is like her momma: when she is hungry, she is GRUMPY. So, I feed her before we eat dinner.) I pulled out a red pepper to chop and set it on the counter by Nora. She started saying "apple" and pointing to the pepper. (Never mind that there were REAL apples on the other counter in her line of vision...) I told her that it was a pepper, but she kept saying "apple" and pointing to the pepper.

Not really thinking about it, I handed her the pepper, and watched as she started to eat it like an apple!

I figured that after the first bite, she would be a little put off by the new flavor (she's never had raw red pepper before), but she just kept on eating.

I took this picture as Richard was walking in the door. Nora and I both had that expression on our faces. We love Richard.

After Richard arrived, Nora continued to eat, and eat, and eat the pepper.

She ate about half of it before she got bored and wanted to get out of her chair.

I'm very impressed with my adventurous little eater. I need to start introducing some new foods to her. And red pepper sticks are going to replace goldfish crackers as the snack of choice.

10 comments:

cagimbel said...

"Nora and I have different taste buds"
-Chloe

April Celeste Garff said...

My little brother Albert used to do the same thing with onions! But that might be because we encouraged it. Your blog reminded me of old times. It's memories like these that will remind you why you like kids.

SGarff said...

That's a riot! Great images.

Marble Madness said...

I love eating bell peppers like apples! It saves so much time. I've done it at work, you know to try and have heathly snacks once in awhile. I get mixed reactions from my co-workers. Some like the smell, some don't. It's kinda funny! YEAH for Nora!

Janelle said...

Fresh peppers are a great veggie snack! I love them myself.

Katie said...

Nora has great taste! Alex and I smile like that when Richard comes into work too! P.S. Gosh is she adorable!

Anonymous said...

Loved these pictures. They show so much action. Peppers are good food as long as her digestive system tolerates it Thanks so much
Grandma C.

Nadia said...

Good choice, Nora!!! Those are delicious. We love them too!!! Also try dipping them in hummus... a bit messy but LOTS of fun ;-), says Sonia.

Amber Ayres said...

she is awesome!

Emily said...

Mmmmm...before you know it, it's pate and foi gras. She's such a cute eater!