We had a delightful Christmas morning. It was so much fun to see the kids' excitement over each present. I love being a parent to experience this joy.
Notice all the ornaments on the top--a universal feature of Christmas trees in the homes of children under the age of 2.
Nora's stocking. Thank you, Grandma Claudia!
Calvin's cute stocking. The ball has been a big hit. He is really good at catching and kicking! When we play catch, Nora likes to yell "Hot Score!" when someone catches the ball. It is hilarious. Where do kids get this stuff?!?!
Nora, just waking up on Christmas morning
.
Calvin, just waking up. I loved these cute jammies from Gymboree. Next year, I am going to make them get matching jammies. There are only so many years that I can force this kind of stuff on them.
Opening their big gift from Santa. We opted for one big toy and then a few little things. This one was a big hit. Richard and I both remember coveting Playmobile toys when we were little. This present might have been a little bit about satisfying our own childhood dreams.
The unwrapping continues.
Nora and her Santa gifts. The giant headed Cinderella doll came from a white elephant gift exchange we went to. Someone thought they were giving away trash. Well, we showed them!
Calvin's large panda also came from the white elephant gift exchange. We made out like bandits. At one point in the exchange, I had preserved duck eggs. I was very happy to get rid of those. Although, it does make you wonder what they taste like if someone really did want them.
Calvin got me the jungle book. Clearly, I am thrilled!
Calvin, taking a break from opening presents to color.
Richard, opening a present from Nora. Nora was a very good helper.
Calvin also wanted to get in on the action.
Richard got a remote controlled helicopter! He was very excited!
I saved this best picture for last. Aren't these two the best! Does it get sweeter than that? I am going to blow this picture up and frame it for our house. So, when they are fighting, I can say...."LOOK, you LOVE each other!!!"
We had 1 hour of church at 10:00 a.m., which means we needed to leave at 9:00 a.m. The kids were not happy to leave, we had only opened a few things. Calvin threw a HUGE fit on the way to church. Richard and I just had to laugh. All the work and effort to make it a fantastic day, and you still throw a fit. You just can't figure out the moods of a 2 year old. He cheered up after a while, and was delightful the rest of the day.
It was a wonderful church service and we had 15 people over for Christmas dinner. I'll have to post pictures next.
1 comment:
I enjoyed Christmas with you very much. Especially lovely was the children hugging.
Post a Comment