These are a little out of order, but I think you all should just be glad I posted. Right?!?! My semester for grad school starts today and I'm taking 2 classes so if I didn't post this today, chances are high that it would never get posted.
The kids played on my bed while I took pictures. Well, for a while. You will see them again.
This is our bathroom. Notice the huge hot water heater to the above the sink. Can you make out the tiny mirror beside it? That is what we use. Now, we have an honest excuse for leaving the house looking crazy. We couldn't see ourselves! :)
Calvin saying "Cheese!" He's in our bedroom again. Notice that there are still boxes to unpack.
More bedroom and will you check out that storage?!?!?! WOWZA! No more storage in my tub. Life is good.
This is what the bed faces, another closet! Richard uses this and I use the built in closets to the right of the bed. It is very nice to have so much storage space.
This is the front door. Well, actually it is the gate before the front door. These kind of gates are common in older Hong Kong buildings.
This is the door facing into the apartment. The kitchen is to the left. The dining room is straight ahead, a little to the right. Our bedroom is the door directly in front of you.
This picture is taken from the doorway into the kitchen. A built in cupboard here is so nice. I was going to wait to post pictures until everything is put up and organized. But then you wouldn't see the apartment for another year, so sorry this isn't really put together or organized. No decorating tips from this apartment :).
Our kitchen. It is super nice that it is open to the living room/dining room. I like being able to keep an eye on the kids and interact more with them when I'm cooking.
The left side of the kitchen has some really narrow counter tops. We are still trying to figure out some additional shelves. There isn't a pantry, but we can fit one beside the fridge.
A picture of the UGLY tiles that are on the wall. Gross. I need to figure out a way to cover those up.
The right side of the kitchen. Notice the tiny stove top.
The fridge and the space beside it for the shelves that we need to buy. The propane tank was left by the last owners. I have NO IDEA what to do with it. These are the mysteries about living in another country. I might just put it by the trash can and see what happens.
A picture of Nora by the range, so you can get a sense of how low it is.
Calvin in our doorway. Dining room to the right. A Storage closet to the left. I almost wrote storage room because it is probably big enough to be considered a Hong Kong room.
Nora showing off.
Our dining room area. Can you see the window there? When we are eating dinner and look out the window, we can see the HUGE screen T.V. of our neighbors. I'm amused that they would have such a big TV in a small space. Nora likes to watch the T.V. Apartment living is funny. The white shelf is temporarily there. We are giving it away, but the recipient can't pick it up until the end of January.
The kids and the storage closet.
A picture of our storage closet. The kids decided to play in here after this picture was taken. They have acclimated to small spaces. They like to play in the closet.
Our guest room. This room is located to the right of the front door. You turn right almost immediately when you enter the apartment and there is the door. I told you I didn't clean for you. Sorry.
More storage space! This is so awesome.
It is also really nice to have a desk space and a place to put our filing cabinet and printer. The bag on the bed if a bag of trash that I moved from the other apartment. We are using it to build fairy houses. Oh, the things you do for your kids.
The living room. The kids room is in front of you. The bathroom is to the right. Directly across from the bathroom is our helper G's room.
Guest bathroom. Check out that awesome water heater up there. So rad.
This is probably the best part of the apartment. A washer AND a dryer. Seriously. So nice! We've had a washer/dryer combo for the 15 months, and it was the worst. You had to put your clothes on a drying rack for at least a day to dry completely. You really had to plan your week. Now, clothes are clean and dry in less than 2 hours. Life is good.
The kids room. To the left. We are still trying to organize things in here. We want to get them bunk beds, but Calvin isn't really ready to get out of his crib yet. He turns two in February, and we may do it around then. We'll see.
Kids room to the right. It is nice to have all their toys contained to one room. Although it is a little cluttered in here, I really like it.
More kids room.
So that's it! Our new apartment. You saw that guest room, so make a plan to visit Hong Kong!
5 comments:
Love it! Especially the awesome door cage/screen.
But that stove is ridiculous. I mean, can a pan even sit on it without toppling off?? scary!!!
Can't wait to come see it in person!
How fun! Thanks for the "tour"! And I can't believe that you use that small mirror in your bathroom.
suggestion re tiles: chalkboard vinyl...it sticks, you can write on it, it's black....love your new home!!! love you!
Thanks for showing us your apartment. With adjustments you will manage but you will be comfortable.
except for the kid-sized stove, that looks awesme! if only i could visit. and i love that your kids were in so many pictures:)
Post a Comment