Sunday, January 12, 2014

Thankful Tree


I threw together a thankful tree at the end of October for us to  fill up with things we were thankful for.  I'm not much at making beautiful crafts, but I would like to think that it is the fact that I did it that counts.  I'm not going to be starting a craft blog anytime soon :)  

Each morning, the kids and Richard and I would take a leaf (that I had previously cut out for a primary activity) and write something we were grateful for on it.  There are lots of mentions of Henry and toys and candy.  


I was also grateful that the kids remembered to be grateful for Jesus, the scriptures, church, and our families.  I enjoy our grateful tree each November and have found that it really does help me have a more grateful heart each day.  

2 comments:

carol lee said...

Remind me in October to do this too! You and your family are thankful year round:)

Grandma Camille said...

What a lovely idea. Of course they would be thankful for Henry. We all are.