Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Korean BBQ

We went to Koreatown in L.A. after my graduation for yummy Korean BBQ.

Yummy!  We went to a place called the Honey Pig.  There was a large, happy pig on the sign which helped us know we were in the right place.

Since none of us had been to an authentic Korean BBQ place before, we were a little nervous about what and how to eat the food.

Through some excellent pointing by Richard, we were able to tell the Korean-speaking waitress what we would like to eat.  The octopus was very scary to Emily.

But she ate it!  Way to go Emily!  She wanted a picture to document this event.

I think Margie had fun.  Don't worry, she didn't eat that entire Octopus. 
 
Richard and I were also happy to be there.  Or else crazy.  What is going on with my crazy face!Brandon looked like a professional with his chopstick skills.  

Baby Nora also enjoyed Korean BBQ.  She  was kicking her legs up and squealing like a happy little Honey Pig :)  

I give the Honey Pig five stars!  It was great food, reasonably priced, and a ton of fun! 


6 comments:

L said...

Nora's so cute! If you ever get tired of her, I'll take her!

Lorein said...

I know we already talked about this, and that Chris didn't like the Korean BBQ place we went to. But I think the real reason he didn't like it was because he was too stubborn to ask anyone to show him how to use chopsticks, so he just used one of the giant spoons (for the sauces) at the table. Chris is so cultured:-) I liked it a lot and the person we went with spoke Korean so we didn't even have to struggle through ordering. Love the cute pictures!

Kate said...

Con-grad-ulations to you both!

Emily said...

First, congrats on you and Richard's graduation! What a great achievement! And second, I'm salivating for Korean BBQ now, thanks...

Erica said...

We miss you guys! I noticed that someone had moved into your apartment and I'm sad. Nora looks adorable in that dress. My mom got the same one for Harper in a 3 months size and I can't wait until she's big enough to wear it :)

Brenda said...

Rich--Nora is incredibly adorable!! Your dad gave Jacob your blog address and I have enjoyed seeing what you have been up to. Congrats on Betsey's and your graduation!! You both are so accomplished! I don't know how Betsey can both handle being a mom and doing school work--we just had our first baby four months ago and I feel like I don't have any time for anything but BABY!! She must be amazing! Jacob is starting his field work in Thailand in August. We are super excited! Good luck with everything that is ahead of you. Look us up at hickmanfam.blogspot.com.