1. Beautiful green leaves and grass. I LOVE mature trees and Cleveland is full of them. It is so beautiful to look out my living room window and see a tree lined street.
2. We live on a quiet residential street. I do miss the buzz of Sepulveda, but it is so nice to hear the birds chirping, neighbors chatting and my baby screaming like crazy (she is going through a screaming phase).
3. Wendy's! There was only one Wendy's in a 5 mile radius in L.A. I love the square hamburger patty and Frosty's and missed them greatly in L.A.
4. There are so many beautiful HUGE older homes. I love older homes (probably because I grew up in one) and it is so fun to take walks and dream about having a house.
5. Getting to know new people with different backgrounds and experiences.
6. The delicious custard shop on Shaker square. Yum Yum Yummy! AND it is SO CHEAP! We would regularly spend $8.00 on ice cream at our favorite place in L.A. We can walk away spending less than $5.00. Saving money is sweet!
7. Ohio is a swing state in the 2008 presidential election. My vote is going to make a difference! I am so excited about that!
8. Less traffic than L.A. (although I do miss having a conveniently located freeway...save it for the cons Betsey!).
9. Cheaper rent. Enough said on that topic :)
10. We are close to my family and interesting church history places like Kirtland, Ohio; Palmyra, New York.
Wow! I came up with 10 great things about Cleveland and I really only been here a month! I'm sure the list will continue to grow as we get to know all the great things the Cleve' has to offer!
5 comments:
#7 is my favorite, it helps to live somewhere that your vote counts! I also do heart Wendy's, last Friday in the middle of our 100 degree heatwave, the frosty machine at the one in the U.V. broke. It was chaos!
Glad you like the new place. I have always had a strange fascination with Ohio.
It looks like there are many great things to love about "the Cleve". We're getting excited and anxious for our move. I'm very glad that we're not moving in the middle of winter. I think there will be more things to love about Chicago in the summer and fall.
Yea! I am glad that you are liking Cleavland. I know my brother-in-law and sister-in-law really like it to. Hopefully Nora will get over screaming stage soon so you can hear more of the chirping birds.
I just love reading your blog! We miss your family at the UCLA ward. It's not quite the same. Looks like you're having fun. You have to check out the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Science Museum. Two of the best museums in the country, both next door! Have you seen the Titera's at all---they're in Cleveland this summer too.
Post a Comment