Friday, May 18, 2012

Temple Day

Our primary had an activity a few weeks ago at the Hong Kong Temple.  The kids got to go over to the temple and meet with the Matron (Sister Aki...she is DELIGHTFUL!).  They went over in small groups of 20.  The other kids went around to different activities in the church building across the street. I was in charge of one of those activities.  We built our own temples using marshmallows and spaghetti.  The activity was a hit!  The kids loved building (and eating) their own temple.  


Calvin eyes the temple that daddy helped him build

 He goes in for the bite.

 Almost got it Cal!

 So close, the marshmallow is yours!

 Victory!

 I wasn't surprised that the kids loved the marshmallows.  I was surprised at how much they also enjoyed eating the uncooked spaghetti.

 Nora, hard at work with her creation.

She said that she was building the top of the temple.  

Job well done, Nora!

We are so blessed to live close to a temple.  When we lived in Cleveland, we had to take an entire day to drive to Columbus, do some temple work, and then drive back.  I love meeting Richard at the temple after work.  It's my favorite place in Hong Kong.  

2 comments:

Grandma C. said...

The children are having a feast on marshmallows and I am having a feast on blogs. Many thanks.

Merry said...

That is such a cute idea! And I am totally going to use it for a Relief Society activity we're having next month about how to focus on the temple in our homes!