The Cleveland Orchestra preforms a free outdoor concert every fourth of July, celebrating Independence Day. The concert began at 4:00 p.m. We had heard that it can be pretty busy and to arrive early. Well, since we are used to living in L.A. with traffic and millions of people, "early" to me meant "leave our house at 4:30 p.m." to get a parking spot and a grassy area to sit for the 9:00 p.m. concert. We were SO EARLY! Thankfully, I encouraged Richard to bring his study material so that he could use his time well. It was fun to watch the place fill up with people and to watch Baby Nora explore the grass. We even spotted some friends of ours from church strolling by, so we ended up sitting with them. I also packed a little picnic for us, so we got to pass the time eating yummy snacks, too! Sadly, my camera ran out of batteries very early in the evening, so only three pictures from the day.

Baby Nora was wearing a little shirt that said "Happy Fourth of July." It is a hand-me-down from Richard's sister Suz, who has a two-year-old daughter. I was excited that my seven-month-old chunky monkey fit in the 12-month shirt. Perfect timing!
Nora is already tired of the photo shoots.
Clearly there were more interesting things on the lawn than mommy.
After the performance, fireworks went off. A minute before the fireworks ended, it started to mist a little. Then, as the fireworks ended, it started POURING BUCKETS! You have never seen a crowd disperse so quickly! Thankfully, I had remembered to bring the umbrellas. Thinking about bringing umbrellas, coats, etc. is new for me. I never thought about the weather when we lived in L.A. It was always sunny!
Richard and I got soaked, but it was a wonderfully memorable evening! We'll be sure to go next year!
5 comments:
I wanted to go, but Julie wouldn't have had it. she likes to go to bed around 7:00, and gets very cranky otherwise. Maybe next year.
Looks like you guys had fun! It's raining buckets here too, so I'm not sure if they are going to do the fireworks show tonight or not. Emma wishes Nora a Happy Independence day!
How did you do everything so perfectly?! AND you blogged it all. Well, except for packing extra camera batteries. Mine is a rectangle that's rechargable. It doesn't give me enough warning when it's about to run out so my mom got me a 2nd one from a battery store. Priceless! I always have it in my purse, the only thing is, I still forget to charge the old one sometimes so when I go for the one in my purse, it may be dead. That's fun that she got to wear a hammy down. Isaac fits 12 month stuff too. Sheesh, we have some chunky babies! I want to smush Nora's legs so bad! She's so cute and is seriously just like Isaac it seems, only she's a month more advanced of course.
That sounds so fun! Vegas doesn't so much have culture, so we're going without out here. Sounds like you had a great one, and baby Nora is cute...chunky monkey and all :)
She is so cute! I love that you call her chunky monkey! I just usually call Landon fatso! He wears bigger diapers and shorts than Zac! (His 18 mo or 2T's look like skater pants and Zac is in like 12 or 18 mo. shorts cuz of his skinny butt but he's so tall they look like daisey dukes!)
Post a Comment