Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back in the Saddle

And we are back! I spent part of last week in Indiana visiting my parents and the rest of the week in Rochester visiting my friend Jen. It was a great week, but I felt bad about my lack of blogging. I will post only interesting and exciting things this week to compensate for my absence.

I unfortunately forgot my camera, so no pictures from our adventures. You can see a few on Jen's blog here. Highlights from our Rochester trip included:

* Wegmans Grocery Store. It was everything that I dreamed it would be and more. Lots of variety, beautiful produce, huge aisles, a cafe and child-care. I love grocery shopping and I was disappointed that I don't get to shop at Wegmans. It was amazing.

* Jen's delicious cooking. I have to get that recipe for the Dutch Babies, or whatever they are called. Yummy yum.

* The Rochester Museum of Play was an incredible museum of games, toys, climbing areas, and imaginative play for kids. Nora loved the Elmo exhibit. She is going through a big Elmo stage right now, which is funny because she's never seen Sesame Street.

* All the catching up with Jen. I love good girl-talk and Jen is so much fun to talk to. We had a blast just sitting around and talking.

* Leaving all four kids with Jen's husband, Chris. I sort of felt bad about it, but it was really great to have a fun night at the opera with Jen.

I think that the only bad part about the trip was that I slammed my coat in the door of Jen's car and my phone was in the pocket of my coat. I managed to crack the screen on the phone. Yes, this is my third phone this year. The phone still makes and accepts calls, but I can't see anything on the screen. I'm going to see if I can make this phone work for the next five months.

4 comments:

L said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Girlfriend talk time is the best, and visiting friends is the best way to travel. It doesn't look like I'm going to get out to Cleveland to visit you guys before you move... but I really wanted to!

Kirsten Treff said...

How fun...Weggies, as we affectionately call it in my family, has been in Syracuse for I think about as long as Rochy(another affectionate name), and it really is a great place to eat, shop and work! It regularly makes the list of best places to work...and it's a grocery store! Who'd have thought!

Unknown said...

I dream about sitting around chatting as the hours slip away...happy times!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from vacation and thank you for the pictures of Nora. I have missed them. Sorry about the cell phone. Love, Grandma C.