We did it! It was rough. I'm not going to lie. I had a rough go after about mile 19. Thankfully, we did finish before the cops opened the streets to traffic again. Phew!

We had great support from Nora, Richard's sister Abby, and Richard's momma.

Here we are! Running at mile 18!

Trucking along, right at the end.

At the finish line. We made it!

A tired, but happy Team Hawkins!
27 comments:
You guys are hands down the most amazing couple. It was a privileged cheering you on!
I LOVE cheering marathoners on. They are tired. They are sweaty. They are spent. And they appreciate claps and hoots more than any other group of people I know.
So fun. Good job, Team Hawkins!
Wow, well done--I'm so proud and impressed!
I have several friends who ran in this one...My sister ran the half marathon in prep. for the Ogden marathon next month.
It's _almost_ enough to inspire me to train for a marathon! (almost) ;)
Wow! Go you!
I am so impressed. I can barely run 3 miles without being completely bored, and I doubt a marathon will ever be in my list of life's accomplishments...so congrats! I really am so impressed. I don't know how else to explain it!
So proud of you two! All my love!
we tried calling, we waited for hours. we couldn't find you guys.
i had to listen to that goofy guy on stilts for 2 hours say "your smiling and running, and running and smiling, and i have huge lamb chops and stilts. run through my legs!!".
what time did you come through the park?
ryan
Hooray! Congratulations to Team Hawkins. You guys are awesome.
CONGRATS!!! I love that you ran the entire thing together. Having run 4 myself, I know how hard it is to run a marathon. Way to go!!!
Reading that post has made me feel like a lazy couch potato. I must go eat some chicken wings now...
You guys are my new heroes.
you are incredible! I million congrats on finishing a marathon. You are awesome.
Woo Hoo! Way to go you guys!! You are an inspiration! I hope you are resting up!
wow! congratulations! that truly is no small feat.
bryan had this to say: i just wanted to let you guys know that as i was reading this post, i was eating a giant piece of cake. you guys are much better than me.
Oh my gosh! You are SO amazing! Great job.
I wish that I had been able to see you run! I am so proud of you, Richard and Betsey! You are an example and an inspiration to me.
You have developed the kind of self-discipline and tenacity that the world so desperately needs. I feel the same way when I hear about Edward and Meridth running. This is something that I have never been able to do.
I once walked twenty-eight miles and thought my feel were going to fall off. I didn't think I would ever be able to walk again.
Again, I am so impressed with you both. I love you and miss you very much. Please call.
Love, Claudia
You're amazing. Marathons are hard work!
That is amazing. Keep in shape.
Grandma C.
Congratulations! You guys are awesome. That's such a cool thing to be able to do together.
I am so proud to call you my friends! Team Hawkins forever!!!
I am most impressed that you ran TOGETHER. How cool is that? Most guys are faster than girls and would just sprint on ahead and wait for you at the finish line. But not the Chard. I'm weepy. What a great post! Nice work!
I will regret not being in town this weekend as long as I live. You people are the coolest I have ever known and I am completely envious/awestruck by you both. Many, many congratulations!
just in case other commenters aren't aware this is the SECOND marathon the amazing hawkins have run--you guys are so awesome!! Way to work towards a goal and accomplish it--CONGRATS!!
That's awesome!!!!!
I like the sign your cheerleaders had, and I love that you two did it together - even to the end.
wow again.
WELL DONE!!! What a great acheivement!!xx
Great job you guys. That's great that you were able to complete another marathon together.
You guys looks way too good for just running 19 miles! Where's the giant sweat stains? The red faces? The look of passing out on your face? You make it look like it was no big deal. You are my heros.
Team Hawkins ROCK!!! Congratulations!!!
Chris' brother ran, too! Did you see him? Just kidding.
Can't wait to see you!!
xoxo
Good for you guys!!
Post a Comment