Monday, October 13, 2008

Cousins

I love spending time with my nieces and nephews.  I love the way they laugh and play.  I love their spunky, unique personalities.  I love that Nora looks at her cousins with adoration.  I love that Nora's cousins love her so much.  These are some of the most adorable children on the face of the earth.

Abigail (left) decided that she was going to be a hippie for Halloween.  She spent the afternoon perfecting her costume.  Anna went along for the ride, finding her own crazy costume, a large purple witch-type character.

She turned Jonathan into her mini-hippie.  

Matthew is particularly wonderful with Baby Nora.  She is whispering all of her secrets to him in the above picture.  

Benjamin is growing up so fast, it sometimes breaks my heart.  He is very mature and thoughtful.  He is also an accomplished pianist and an excellent tennis player.  And a great big brother. 
Anna spent the afternoon loving on her Great-Grandma Iris and taking lots (I mean LOTS) of pictures with my camera.

She also recruited other people to take pictures of her. Doesn't she have such an adorable and expressive face?

For my birthday, I received some amazing cards.

And participated in an excellent dance party.


Additionally, Grandma Iris orchestrated (with the help of Richard's sister Claire) a wonderful birthday celebration for me.  I love all of this celebration!  

We finished the celebration with ice cream and Costco Cake in the yard.  What more can you want in life?  

4 comments:

carol lee said...

What a happy birthday party, Betsey!. I especially love the spelling on your card.

Thanks for capturing the cute cousins. Of course, I'm very biased since I'm their doting Grandma. Nora will always be loved by her adoring cousins and will remain the center of attention because she is so darn cute.

Love to all,
Grandma Carol Lee

Anonymous said...

Hi, just checking the new blogs and yours poped up for me. I love to see people really enjoying family and having a great time. Congratulations for you and your family!!

Amber Ayres said...

the cousins are cute! where was Nora's costume? what is she going to be for Halloween?

Unknown said...

I don't think there is anything better then ice cream and costco cake in the yard...of course...if that costco cake was the white sheet cake with the frosting balloons.....yummy!!