Friday, January 30, 2009

Cleveland Winter

When Nora and I were out and about today, we saw the biggest snow pile in the parking lot of a local mall. It was so big, that on our family date tonight, we had to take Richard to see it. I told Richard that it was such a big pile of snow, that people were taking pictures of it. When he saw it, he insisted that we also take a picture. Because it was after dark, these aren't the best pictures, but I hope you get a sense of how big this is!

Me and the snow pile. This was snow plowed from a portion of the mall's parking lot.

I think this gives you a better idea of how tall this pile was. See me? I'm the small person at the bottom of this towering pile of snow. See the streetlight? That is the top of the snow pile.

Last picture. If I was a more adventurous type person, I would have slid down the pile. But I just wanted to get some hot chocolate and snuggle up in my nice, warm house. I like snow when I am inside.


6 comments:

Emily said...

lol...I think that is one of the biggest snowpile I've ever seen! It's definitely one for the books.

And I totally agree with everything you said about Facebook!

SGarff said...

Next time you should bring skis.

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Wow! That IS one big snow pile. I don't even think I have seen one that big in Montana.

Kirsten Treff said...

wow, reminds me of the piles growing up...we'd make some great forts out of them, although they advise not to play in them - something about the possibility of falling and getting trapped...details!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!! I FOUND YOU! This is Rachel (Westover) Nielson, and I flipped out when I saw you had commented on Jordyn's blog, so I could track you down! Your daughter is adorable. I didn't even know you HAD a daughter, nor did I know where you were living. Email me an update! rachel.nielson@hotmail.com

aSHleY said...

This reminds me of the snow piles in Logan--BRRRRRRR, and that is where I am going to live for the rest of my life.