I've typed up a list of the songs that are on Nora's Motown mix. Richard put this together for my birthday and it has been such a fun treat!
1. I Want You Back [Jackson 5]
2. (Love it Like A)Heat Wave [Martha Reeves & The Vandellas]
3. My Guy [Mary Wells]
4. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) [Stevie Wonder]
5. Stop! In the Name of Love [The Supremes]
6. Ain't Too Proud to Beg [The Temptations]
7. Rockin' Robin [Bobby Day]
8. Do You Love Me? [The Contours]
9. Heaven Must Have Sent You [The Elgins]
10. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) [Four Tops]
11. This Old Heart of Mind (Is Weak for You) [The Isley Brothers]
12. ABC [Jackson 5]
13. (I'm A)Road Runner [Jr. Walker and The All Stars]
14. Dancing in the Street [Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
15. Please Mr. Postman [The Marvelettes]
16. Ain't No Mountain High Enough [Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
17. Mickey's Monkey [The Miracles]
18. Function at the Junction [Shorty Long]
19. Uptight (Everything's Alright) [Stevie Wonder]
20. You Can't Hurry Love [The Supremes]
21. The Way You Do the Things You Do [The Temptations]
4 comments:
The two Stevie Wonder songs made me thing of "Part Time Lover", my favorite from his repertoire. I once listened to it on repeat for longer than I will publicly admit.
Amy, I love that you listen to songs over and over, too. It sure makes me feel more normal. I don't know what my record would be for most repeats in a row, but it's got to be more than ten. I've listened to songs so long that I've memorized lyrics. Isn't that terrible to admit.
Betsey, someone mentioned Philadelphia Chickens on your last blog. Edward and Meridth gave that to Chloe when she was little, and I later gave that as baby shower gift to someone at church. It's the cd that has the song on it about the Remarkable Cows. Really it IS an awesome cd, and I do believe there is at least one new one by the same people. Truly great music!
By the way, I have all those Motown songs also. I've always loved them, even when I was little and listening on the car radio with my oldest brother, Ray.
Love, Claudia
I am so glad you posted this. I am going to make this CD tonight. Thanks for such an awesome idea!!!
I'd love a copy of this if the anti-piracy captains don't find out.
Nora is going to be one hip adult thanks to her hip parents.
Post a Comment