We spent Saturday afternoon dying Easter eggs. Calvin was clearly very interested in the process. Look at that drool coming down his chin!

Richard and Nora were the chief egg dying engineers. I was in charge of clean up. Nora and Richard took their job very seriously.

Until it was time for pictures. I love these two pictures below. I took them, quickly, one right after another. Nora was doing some sort of dancing and singing a made up song about dying Easter eggs. When she is happy, she is HAPPY! (and consequently, when she is mad, she is MAD!). I adore my baby girl.


Eventually, Calvin got his turn with the bunny ears. Although, he wasn't that excited to wear them.

I remember growing up, we used to play "demolition" with the hard boiled eggs. Easter afternoon, we would crash the eggs into each other and see which ones survived. Kind of a egg death match. I don't know what my parents were thinking, letting us get away with that. Let's be honest, it was Sunday afternoon...they had 5 kids...I hope they were taking a nap. Do any of my siblings remember doing that?
5 comments:
Nora and Brandt sound like they would get along great! (Although, maybe not if they were both MAD at the same time). :)
Very cute.
Looks like a major project. What do you do with the hard cooked colored eggs afterwards? Lots of potato salad and egg salad sandwiches? Grandma C.
No memories of that. Sorry! But I do remember mom and dad always taking naps on Sunday after church and lunch.
Karl
Sort of... It sounds like something Ryan would instigate. And I could see Rusty totally being into it. Though, I agree with Karl. There was always a nap.
Miss you... Can't wait until July. xoxo
The egg demolition idea came from Ed (of course). He always told the story of how they would crack their Easter eggs by throwing them up to the ceiling. That idea was also touted by Shel Silverstein in his ABZ Book.
E is for Ernie, the genie who lives in the ceiling. E is also for eggs. Ernie loves eggs. Go in the refrigerator and get some eggs to toss up to Ernie. Say, "Here, Ernie, Here is an egg for you."
BTW I don't get to nap much on Sunday afternoons any more. I am always grading papers. (Three more years)
Post a Comment