Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Morning

Saturday morning, the kids woke up to their Easter baskets and an egg hunt. We didn't hide the hard-boiled eggs because I have a fear of missing one and finding it much later. YUCK!

The kids were delighted with their baskets. Nora got a little Rapunzel doll that has quickly become a favorite. Thank you Grandma Claudia for bringing that to us.

I forgot to take pictures of the baskets pre-destruction. Oh well. The Easter bunny wrote Nora a note reminding her about the importance of the Easter holiday and the resurrection of Jesus. She probably didn't get much out of that, because she had such a sugar high. But, we are trying!
I LOVED this book when I was a kid! When I saw it at the store, I knew I had to get it. I loved searching for Goldbug. It has been fun to do that with Nora.

We hid the eggs in the living room, and Nora was able to find most of them without help. I love her crazy bedhead.

She shared some eggs with Calvin, because his egg hunting skills were lacking. We were so grateful that Grandma Claudia brought some plastic eggs over when they visited in the beginning of April. Plastic eggs were a hard-to-find item here in Hong Kong.

After holidays, I typically take all the kids' candy and put it in a big plastic bag in the cupboard. The kids are 3 and 1 and don't need to be eating candy all day. I was distracted this weekend and didn't end up putting it away until Sunday. They managed to eat a ton of it. I think they inherited their mom's sweet tooth :).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We have that Richard Scarry book, too. I think I enjoy finding the Goldbug a little more than Jane currently. Looks like a fun Easter. And good call on the hard-boiled eggs.