Wednesday, March 11, 2009

HIMYM

or How I Met Your Mother for the uninitiated.  

As a side note, I love that you can google acronyms, such as HIMYM or ANTM and Google produces the appropriate information (How I Met Your Mother and America's Next Top Model respectively).  Yes, I have googled both of these things today.  YIKES.

Richard and I watch HIMYM on Tuesday nights on the internet.  This week, there was a little side story about one of the characters, Marshall. He accidently forgets to bring his pants to work.  Marshall was working out at the gym in the morning, and forgot to pack his work pants.  He is forced to wear his gym shorts until his wife brings him his pants.

Fast forward to this afternoon.  I am coming home from Target and I get a call from The 'Chard.  He tells me that he forgot his pants and needs me bring them into work for him.  I laugh. The 'Chard has a great sense of humor.  I assume he is joking.  Not joke.  Richard ran in this morning and assumed that he could wear his spare pants that he keeps in the office.  Unfortunately, he had an important meeting that required him to wear a suit, and his spare office pants did not match his spare office suit jacket.  Sadly, Richard was not walking around wearing shorts and a white shirt/tie combo.  I just couldn't get over the fact that I had to deliver him pants today.   

P.S.  Richard has a man-crush on Jason Segal.  

P.S.S.  I bought Richard some roses from Costco the other day.  They are the most beautiful roses ever.  I had to take a picture to show you.  Here they are.  Another reason to love Costco.  

I love eucalyptus in flower arrangements.  It smells amazing.  

Haven't they bloomed perfectly?  All this for only $15.99! (Vase not included).

Isn't my husband the luckiest man alive?


The 'Chard here:  You may be thinking to yourself that Betsey wanted flowers for herself and that The 'Chard has been neglecting her.  Think again.  She actually buys flowers for me on occasion.  It took me a few years to figure this out, but it's ALL FOR ME!  Strange, but adorable!

5 comments:

L said...

I am wondering two things about this story:

1) How did the 'Chard run into work in the morning yet make it all the way to the afternoon without needing pants.

2) Does the 'Chard have spare work shoes that match neither the work pants nor the work jacket.

Anonymous said...

Aww- you love birds- so sweet- it's giving me a cavity!!!

Miss you!!!

xo

aSHleY said...

I want to know why Richard needs "spare work pants" does he have the same bathroom habits as Nora and a blow out is never out of the question? I love this post-good laughs and that you buy your hb flowers and Costco.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Richard works at keeping himself fit. Running these errands keeps Betsey and Nora fit too. Where did you get the chef's outfit for Nora? Cosco? Grandma C.

the youngs said...

You should google TUIYMALB